Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 2nd, 2018 06:00

XPS 13 2 amber blinks, 7 white

My XPS 13 suddenly wont turn on at all. The only action that occurs is the 2 amber lights and 7 white blinks on the battery indicator. No sounds at all when attempting to turn on. I am not using an external display. I just used the computer and today it no longer does anything. The computer is outside of its warranty purchased in Feb 16 and has been nothing but trouble.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

July 2nd, 2018 07:00

2/7 is LCD failure.  Can you get the screen self-test to run (hold D through powerup)?

July 2nd, 2018 08:00

After holding D through power up it booted up normally. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

5 Posts

December 29th, 2018 06:00

Hi, I had the same problem but also holding D it does’t turn on...any suggestion?

1 Message

November 27th, 2023 10:33

The display on my XPS 13 has stopped functioning correctly. It displays the Dell logo during reboot, and works fine with an external monitor. When holding 'D' during power-up, the display passes the color test (indicating it's functioning), but it doesn't turn on after the test.

December 7th, 2023 00:34

@platon239​ same problem here, only started today. Can anyone help me!!!

1 Message

February 4th, 2024 09:33

I also tried pressing the D key while powering up.  The display passed the color test, booted up, the Dell logo appeared, then a blank screen.  Have to use an external monitor all the time now.  

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

June 25th, 2024 13:33

As of yesterday I’ve had the same problem with my XPS 13 Plus 9320. Again was working fine, screen went off and 7 white 2 amber flashing LED light. On rebooting get the XPS symbol but then a blank screen and the flashing LED. Passes the test when holding ctl D when starting up and works on an external monitor. Did anyone manage to sort this?

No Events found!