Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

2 Posts

May 20th, 2020 01:00

XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 connected standby / battery drain

Connected standby is consuming too much battery when the machine is turned off completely. How am I sure the machine was off? In the Windows task manager in the tab, performance, the up time resets to 0 after turning it on.

My previous XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 was replaced in the past, because the battery drained too much at night and technical support couldn't solve this problem.

My current XPS is draining 15% battery capacity each night on average. I didn't change the battery settings and kept them default. I use powercfg /batteryreport in CMD. After shutting down in the evenings or nights the system keeps draining the battery. When turning it on in the morning which is usually 8-12 hours later, the machine lost 5000-10000 mWh. There's no difference if the lid is closed or open. Or if the charging cable or thunderbolt cable (for WD19TB) is connected or not.

This battery drain is too much. The design capacity of the battery is 49,985 mWh and right now mine charges up to 46,178 mWh after a few months. This additional battery drainage due to connected standby is a problem for me and I want the machine to drain less or no battery when it’s turned off.

22 Posts

May 20th, 2020 11:00

I do have the same problem, but its when i close the lid and the laptop is active in its sleep.

In dell power plan, whats your time for turn off display and put computer to sleep?

Also run the sleep study report to see what process or app is draining battery.

2 Posts

June 11th, 2020 00:00

I have the problem when the OS (Windows) is shutdown. I expect the machine to stop using the battery, but it doesn't. The turn off time in the power plan is all set to very short amounts and I don't expect it to affect this issue.

I ran the sleep study report but I don't see the cause of my issue in it. It has no logs about the battery at night which is where the battery is losing it's capacity. If you have more experience with the sleep study report, I could share it with you if you'd like to take a look at it.

No Events found!