Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

5 Posts

April 15th, 2020 11:00

XPS 13 7390 Firmware 1.3.1 Issue - Bluetooth / Trackpad

Upgraded (successfully) to 1.3.1 on my XPS 13 7390 this morning and it was cutting off my Logitech MX2 mouse.  I would use the mouse (and trackpad) for a few seconds, stop to type, and grab the mouse to move on the screen and the mouse would freeze for about 6-7 seconds before it would work again.  This happened after multiple reboots, driver updates, etc.  Everything was up-to-date.  Nothing worked.  Using this for work from home and it was beyond frustrating.  I rolled back to FW 1.1.3 and now operates normally.  Something buggy in 1.3.1.  Anyone else noticed this?  Did some searching and didn't come across anything.  Not sure if it is bluetooth, FW, etc.  Just thought I would throw this out there. 

April 17th, 2020 15:00

Yes, I also am having both of these exact issues. I've downgraded my 7390 to the previous 1.1.3 (vulnerable firmware), but Windows Update keeps upgrading it back to 1.3.1 every day. 

Another part of the issue is that occasionally the trackpad doesn't work when the laptop is woken from sleep. I have to put the laptop back to sleep by closing the lid for a few seconds and then re-open it. 

Dell, please release a new firmware that fixes this ASAP and get it WHQL validated and pushed to Microsoft's WU service ASAP as this makes almost all 7390s unusable. 

5 Posts

April 20th, 2020 10:00

I just found this under another thread and it seems to have worked for me fine. Was having the same issue:

Re: XPS 13 7390 2 in 1 bluetooth keyboard and mouse lagging after 4/2020 bios up

Hey there! Please try the following: 
Launch the Device Manager and uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in the power management setting of Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Hopefully that will stop that lagging issue you're facing. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

April 22nd, 2020 20:00

That's not an acceptable solution. 

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 04:00

This just proves that tests quality is not perfect anymore  

1 Message

June 4th, 2020 09:00

On my computer I don't have Power management option in Bluetooth so to solve the trackpad problem ... i have to fully disconnect bluetooh !!

Such a shame solution for a 1500 $ computer ...

58 Posts

June 5th, 2020 00:00

yes this is the problem of a new firmware bug. 7390 2in1 is also facing this problem. after wake up from sleep the mouse will have intermittent freeze every few seconds, totally unusable. a workaround will be put to sleep again and wake it up

No Events found!