Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

25 Posts

May 20th, 2020 13:00

XPS 13 9350 Black Screen II

again! After 1 year!! Why??

Any news? 

I've solved about 1 or 2 years ago changing ssd, but now again...

Continue From here:

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9350-Black-Screen/td-p/5912336/page/15

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

May 22nd, 2020 02:00

I would like to know if there were any recent changes made to the system software or hardware? Was there any pending updates? Have you tried to connect your system to an external monitor? How often do you notice this error? Have you tried to boot your system to safe mode and checked if you see the error there? If not, you can follow these steps to boot into safe mode: https://dell.to/2TVRXFz

25 Posts

May 22nd, 2020 04:00

I've rebooted in safe mode uninstalled the driver rebooted, reinstalled the last video drivers, and again I've a blank display, I've plugged an external monitor and I can see only the external monitor.

So I've opened my xps, unplugged the battery for 2 minutes, switched on again and I can see my xps's monitor, but is very lagged. If I send a command, or move mouse I must wait two minutes for have a response.

If I connect the second display now I can see the two monitors and I don't have any lag! If I disconnect again the second monitor, I have again the lags. 

The xps has the last bios, and I've also uninstalled, reinstalled about 20 times the video drivers.

I don't have installed new hardware.

I had this issue about 2 years ago, but I've solved with the battery tip and installed a new nvme ssd.

2 Posts

July 14th, 2020 11:00

Hi. I am experiencing the same issue. I bought a used dell xps 9350 a month ago. It worked well for 2 days and the black screen started after I updated my drivers. I found a fix that involved installing an older version from the intel site. It worked well until 2 days ago when the black screen started unprovoked. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it but the issue persists. I am now trying various versions of the display driver. I hope it works. Please let me know what other possible fixes are there.

1 Message

July 14th, 2020 13:00

Hi my friend in misfortune  .

I'm from Ukraine. I have the same problem. I did everything possible.

Summary.

1. Display shows picture when the graphics adapter is disable. Don't work (black screen) when graphics drivers installed (HD 520).

2. Same problem in all Windows OS: win7, win8.1, win10. 

3. But! In Linux OS (for example Ubuntu) works well.

My solution.

My friend has a DELL XPS 9360 and one more screen to it. It’s good that the screen cable connector matches the dell 9350. So, I connected his screen with my laptop. And voila! It started to work! Even when I installed graphics drivers. Photos below (but text on it in Russian)

Screenshot_2.png

IMG_20200714_214440.jpg

Conclision. 

In my situation problem in screen connector or in screen. When there will be news I will write additionally.

If you have the same symptoms as mine, I advise you to check the screen connector

1 Message

February 10th, 2022 12:00

If you look at the description for graphic card driver version 26.20.100.7263, A14, it says "Fixed the issue where black screen is displayed while using 3DMark DirectX11 on systems with UHD panel and Windows 10 May 2019 Update."

Ironically, I have only experienced flickering/black screen if installing version >=A14. I installed the 26.20.100.6951, A13 and never have any issues again.

1 Message

October 21st, 2022 03:00

Strange, for me none of the video driver versions (A13, A14...) make the laptop screen go black and only the external screen works.

The only solution is to disable the video device, which will stop the external video output and brightness controls from working.

Thanks

2 Posts

November 8th, 2022 18:00

What windows 10 version are you using? 

I'm unable to install any version lower then A14, when tring A13 I get and error from the installser which my system is not having the minimum requirments to install.

On A14 and A15 it's not happing.

I would like to tdy A13 to see if it solve the problem as it eorks for you.

In the meantime I'm using the workaround of completly Disable the Intel 520 on the devices screen. However I don't like it cause it's not utilizing the GPU when need as well as supporting external monitor.

No Events found!