Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

October 25th, 2018 13:00

XPS 13 9360 - M.2 drive not detected by bios after reboot

I sent this laptop to Dell to get the motherboard replaced.  I then reinstalled the original m.2 Toshiba SSD drive.  I was able to install Win 10 but anytime I reboot the OS Dell reports No bootable devices found.  I can then shutdown the OS and boot without issue.  

Dell is asking me to send the laptop to their depot to troubleshoot the failure.  I suspect the failure is due to a missing driver or bios setting.  I don't want to lose the time shipping the laptop back.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

System Bios is 2.9.0.

Bryan

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 25th, 2018 14:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Did you have the OS installed on the SATA drive when the system was shipped from depot & then you formatted & installed Windows on the SSD?

Please check if boot setting is set to UEFI & secure boot on.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

10 Posts

April 26th, 2019 12:00

I have the same issue after reinstall and flashing the BIOS to 2.10.0 and yes I do have Secure Boot Enabled with UEFI.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 26th, 2019 18:00

If you did a clean install of Win 10, you may need to set the SATA controller to AHCI.

No Events found!