Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

February 15th, 2019 01:00

XPS 13 9360 USB-C VGA Stopped Working - Windows 10

Wow this is a pain - had the laptop for over a year and my dual monitor setup has been working great all this time.

Yesterday 2nd Monitor stopped displaying.  It is connected through a USB-C dongle which has a VGA output.  When the monitor stopped working i noticed that "Display Connection might be limited error" is now coming up.

I have tried:

• System restore to earlier point
  • Windows Updates
  • Another dongle we had that was exactly the same
  • Dongle as above with HDMI instead of VGA
  • A new dongle that does same thing but different make (doesn't come up with error like other dongle)
  • Another monitor
  • Reset Windows 10 PC keeping Personal Files (now laboriously reinstalling everything yawn)

It is so frustrating.  I just can't work out what has changed.  I have a small memory of recentley dell command updating an Intel HD driver - but it didn't seem to stop working straight after that - but I don't reboot very often.

Any ideas other than purchasing another dongle as this was all working fine..?

Thanks in advance..

February 21st, 2019 00:00

Well after all the above I did a full factory reset and this didn't fix the problem on first boot of windows.  However once the Dell Command updated all the drivers it did work.  Which leads me to think I had a corrupted Dell Driver somewhere.  Not sure how I would have found it.  But hey ho it's working again which was my main priority.

After thinking about it the only other change that had happened recently was plugging in a Logitech Webcam. I have no idea if this caused anything and am too scared to try it again in case it breaks it again...!

Anway that is the update.

No Events found!