Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 7th, 2019 05:00

XPS 13-9370, Killer 1435-S, Killer app update? #2

I have the same issue described above on my 15-inch 9570.  The driver was installed by Dell SupportAssist this morning and now I get the same error every time I reboot and the Killer Control Center no longer works.  

September 9th, 2019 12:00

OEM Updates Causing Issues With The Killer Control Center And Drivers. 

We have had some cases where users have issues after an OEM updated their hardware, this also caused some issues with the Killer Control Center showing an error. 

When opened the Killer Control Center states an error 

“This Application needs to be updated to match the Killer Service, Please get the latest version”. 

This happens when the OEM updates the driver properly but the Microsoft Store does not update the version of the Killer Control Center. Some users were unsure of where and how to fix the error they were receiving. This is done by clicking on Start, and going to the Microsoft Store by opening it. 

Updating the Killer Control Center in Microsoft Store. 

• This is the Microsoft Store Front, you need to click on the three dots on top right of your icon 

1 MS Front v2.PNG

• This is the next step where you click on “Downloads and Updates”. 

2 MS Downloads and updates v2.PNG

• After you click on “Downloads and Updates” you need to find the Killer Control Center and update it. The blue button on the top right that states “Get Updates” will update your applications in this folder. 

3 MS Get updates v2.PNG

Thank you for your time,

Nicholas with Killer Networking.

September 8th, 2019 15:00

I also have the same issue.  As per instructions in the previously closed thread, I updated again using the version linked to by a moderator.  That uninstalled the driver suite.  After restarting, i reinstalled that same version that was recommended.  I still get the same error saying that the app needs to be updated to match the killer service.

September 22nd, 2019 17:00

Killer Control Center is not showing up in the Microsoft store when I follow the instructions above.  It doesn't show up when I do a search on it within the Microsoft Store either.

Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD does appear in Programs and Features inside of Control Panel.  But, other than in the start panel, that's the only place that i'm finding anything about Killer.

September 22nd, 2019 18:00

I found instructions on howto do a clean install of Killer Control Center at a Killer Networking support page

http://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/

I followed the instructions there and all seems to be working properly now

No Events found!