Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

7 Posts

January 27th, 2019 09:00

XPS 13 9370, screen goes dark

I bought a dell xps 13 9370 laptop , ive had it for a month now and already problems are showing up . if i leave the laptop open and running on idle , few minutes later the screen goes dark but the system still runs . the key bord light is still on , the fans are still on , but i cant get the screen to turn back on , it just gets stuck and no matter what i do i couldnt get the screen to turn back on . ( the only way to shut it down is that i have to wait for the battery to run out and die ). this happened four times , idont know the reason why . but ive heard that the xps 13 9370 get stuck when it goes to sleep mode but idont know if thats the case . I disabled the sleeping mode but that doesnt seem to fix it . PLEASE HELP

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 28th, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Does the screen respond if you do a hard shutdown? Turn off the computer using the power button when the screen does not respond, then turn it back on again.

Do you have any external device connected? If yes, disconnect them.

Have you installed the latest BIOS and Chipset drivers? if not do so and report back.

7 Posts

January 29th, 2019 17:00

Thank you for responding. 

The laptop doesn't respond when i try to shut it down using the power button , no matter how long i press it , i keep on pressing it for 10 or 20 seconds but the laptop wont shut down .

I have no external device connected .

My bios version is 1.5.1 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 30th, 2019 04:00

Please create a new local admin account by following the steps on this link & check if the systems work fine. This will help us diagnose if there is an issue with the Operating system or hardware.

No Events found!