Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

November 30th, 2018 23:00

XPS 13 9370, battery 60% issue

Hi all!

I bought a new laptop (xps 9370) 3 weeks ago in the US. I packed it out and started to charge it. The led in front blinked orange. It was more than 26 hours on the charger, but it did not reach 60% of power (only 3 out 5 leds were lightning up on the side).

I brought it back to the store without pressing the on/off button. I got a new one instead. We tested in the store, battery was charging properly.

Two days ago the same problem appears. Blinking orange led in the front, battery icon says: "57% available (plugged in, not charging"). I searched a bit online, and found the following suggestion from dell: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln308571/laptop-battery-does-not-charge-beyond-55-on-certain-dell-pcs?lang=en

I updated to the latest BIOS and OS (Windows) as  the dell support suggested.  As I got into the BIOS setup I could find out that I do have an ownership date, but it does not help me further.

I have the following questions:

1) Could somebody tell me how to repair my non-charging 3 week old battery?

2) If not: I am already back to Europe and I cannot bring it back to the store personally. Is there any way to keep the problem and the solution within the borders of Europe, without sending it back to the US?

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

December 1st, 2018 06:00

Try the reset procedure. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then reconnect everything back up and try again.

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-13-9370-flashing-orange-light/td-p/6188072

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 1st, 2018 09:00

An orange light is an indication of a problem.  Did you check the manual for what that means?

Did they replace your power adapter when they replaced the computer?

Have you tried changing power sources for the adapter, and maybe go to another location?

No Events found!