Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2018 05:00

XPS 13 9370, how to re-install HID touchscreen driver

Hello,

I have my xps 13 9370. My touchscreen drove me crazy so I decided to disable it. But accidentally I uninstalled it, instead of disabled it. And I can't activate it again, because I can't even find it in BIOS. Does anyone know how to help?

10 Elder

• 

23.5K Posts

September 16th, 2018 08:00

No, you don't.  Call Dell for warranty service - if the touchscreen isn't being detected, and you haven't done a factory recovery - they will insist on that first, so you may want to try it before calling for support.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer?lang=en

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

September 13th, 2018 05:00

Uninstalling it within Windows wouldn't affect whether it shows up in the BIOS, although I'm not sure if it's even supposed to on that system.  Uninstalling it also wouldn't even prevent the device from reappearing again when you selected "Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager or simply rebooted the system, so something else is going on.  Does your touchscreen work in the BIOS setup interface?  If not, maybe check whether the touchscreen ribbon cable is securely connected to the motherboard.

September 13th, 2018 12:00

OK. I don't know how, but the touchscreen is visible in BIOS again. It is not possible to be tested on BIOS.

On the device manager when I run Scan for hardware changes nothing happens. Unfortunately, I don't feel confident enough to check this cable. Moreover, I'm afraid this could cancel my warranty.

September 16th, 2018 01:00

My journey :BigSmile: continue.

In Device Manager HID-compliant touch screen appears, but as hidden. On its properties I see:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45). To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

What does this mean?  Do I have to open this laptop on my own?

No Events found!