Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

41 Posts

April 8th, 2019 08:00

XPS 13 L321X Laptop Monitor Lines on Screen

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 L321X Laptop that seems to only have issues with lines on the screen when NOT connected to external monitors. If I used the laptop by itself, the lines appear sporadically, and it does not seem to be specific to any program I am using. So far I have uninstalled the GPU driver, and reinstalled it, as well as uninstalled the Chipset driver and reinstalled it, but the same issue persist. 

Can anyone provide some insight into this issue. I know the laptop is out of warranty, but wanted to see if someone had some further troubleshooting advice. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

August 23rd, 2019 08:00

Hi Lbk81,

Are you running Windows 10? If so, your problem might be due to the fact that the Intel HD Graphics 3000 display driver on the XPS 13 (L321X) isn't compatible with Windows 10. I just posted a fix to this (see this link), try it and see if it works for you!

Good luck!

2 Posts

December 24th, 2020 10:00

I tried this by remote access (Splashtop business) and it appears to have worked (we'll see).

Did not select Airplane Mode, but otherwise followed the directions.

Computer restarted and had reverted to Microsoft Basic video driver, but while I was setting the install file to compatibility mode, the screen flashed once and it had auto-updated to the latest Intel video driver.

I ran the install anyway, and it let me revert to the older driver. Upon restart, however, it again updated to the latest version (Is there a way to prevent this for a particular driver?).

My friend, whose computer it is, will let me know if the issue recurs. So far it has not. Someone else had suggested setting the display refresh rate to 40 Hz, so that is done as well.

No Events found!