Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2019 12:00

XPS 15 7590, disconnecting Wifi

I got less than a week ago an XPS 15 7590 with a Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0 card.

An since then this laptop won't stay connected to my wifi for more than 5 minutes, requiring me to manually reconnect every time.

I work with different laptops all the time (and recently I also got a Latitude) none of them has any issue with my wifi.

I also tried disabling drivers, using older versions, going for the most up to date drivers from Killer, and changing the wireless mode.

My latest attempt was to follow the instructions here: (https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9370-disconnects-from-WiFi-even-in-high-performance/m-p/7276438#M26893)  - which did not work.

I definitely need some help here.

Thanks

December 9th, 2019 07:00

@RunOrDieTrying Thank you for your message on this matter, we apologize for the issues that you are encountering with your device. You are running on an older driver Intel Driver 21.40.2.2, we have Intel Driver 21.60.0.1 in our Killer Software UWD. Please use the following Instructions to perform the clean install on your system. 

1. Download Killer Software UWD
  2. Download Killer Uninstaller Tool
  3. Use the Uninstaller Tool - Open Uninstaller Tool, then Click “Scan for installed Killer Software” after scan finishes click on “Remove Killer Software” once it finishes it will state “Reboot Required” click on Start Button and Restart the System.  
  4. After system has restarted, then Install the Killer Software UWD you downloaded earlier.

If you or anyone else reading this post are still experiencing issues with your Killer Networking adapter, we'd like to help! You can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/  

To help expedite the ticket process please provide a Diagnostic along with your ticket if possible.  

Diagnostic Tool: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-diagnostics/  

Once you have the application downloaded, please run the application, click Start at the bottom left and then, once it is finished, click Save to save the output file, and attach the output file to your reply. Please do not copy and paste the results into your reply email. Please attach the output .TXT file to your reply, instead.   

Thank you again for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking  

Killer Networking has a subreddit! /r/KillerNetworking/ 

Also, if you are having problems, see the Killer KB! 

December 13th, 2019 02:00

Hello, I have probably the same problem. I reinstalled the killer driver (i have now this veresion KillerDrivers_2.2.3212_x64.exe). Still keeps me disconnecting from wifi. I ran the diagnostics - but I can't attach the file. I got this message "The file type (.txt) is not supported."

How should I proceed? Thanks

Thnaks 

December 15th, 2019 11:00

Still same problem.

I ordered an intel 9260. This is the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKpjfc2hs8&list=LLAoNWVSrMCpZY__IYniZBzQ&index=13&t=26s

1 Message

December 16th, 2019 04:00

Reading around more, the AX200 card has a fairly serious ongoing issue. Various driver versions have been tried, connecting it to an AX router though will result in disconnects. Intel don't seem remotely keen on sorting the issue out. 

I'd suggest the 9260 replacement and stick the AX200 in a drawer in case Intel pull their finger out at some point. 

1 workaround apparently is to force the router and the card to use a low numbered channel (so... around 50 rather than around 120).

December 17th, 2019 11:00

@Dr. Allan Thank you for your message on this matter, we apologize for the issues that you are encountering with your device. If you haven't already please make sure you have done the following: 

• Updated Bios
  • Updated to latest Windows Update
  • Updated Firmware on your network devices (Router/Gateway/AP)
  • Performed Clean install, using the Uninstaller Tool to remove, and latest Update to install the latest Killer Software UWD.

We also have a Knowledge-base (see Part 2) that shows you how to disable the Killer Software, this helps due to the Windows Update might re-install over your current Killer Software Package.

If you or anyone else reading this thread are still experiencing issues with your Killer Networking adapter, we'd like to help! You can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/  

To help expedite the ticket process please provide a Diagnostic along with your ticket if possible.   

Diagnostic Tool: https://support.killernetworking.com/download/killer-diagnostics/  

Once you have the application downloaded, please run the application, click Start at the bottom left and then, once it is finished, click Save to save the output file, and attach the output file to your reply. Please do not copy and paste the results into your reply email. Please attach the output .TXT file to your reply, instead.    

1 Message

January 8th, 2020 10:00

For me it's the other way around. Originally I had my TP-Link AC router set to channel 48 and data transfer interrupted like every 20 seconds or so. After trying around a bit I found that on high channels like 153 I have no more interruptions or disconnects.

However, the other issue I am facing with this AX200 card is that data transfer speed is really low in 802.11ac mode. Theoretical connection speed in AC mode is 866 Mbit/s, but when copying data from or to my NAS transfer speeds fluctuate a lot and max out around 10 Megabyte/second. (for comparison, with an external USB 3.0 WiFi AC 866 Mbit/s rated adapter I get 40-45 Megabyte/second)

If I force the AX200 card into 802.11n mode (theoretical speed 300 Mbit/s), then get data transfer speeds of 10-16 Megabyte/second, which is pretty good for a "300 Mbit/s" WiFi connection.

January 8th, 2020 13:00

@Mr. L Thank you for your message on this matter, we apologize for the issues that you are encountering with your device. I really would like to know more about your setup, and help you resolve this issue. If you could please open a ticket with us so we can assist you with this. Instructions on ticket are below if you have already submitted a ticket please provide it so we can work from there.

If you or anyone else are experiencing issues with your Killer Networking adapter, we'd like to help! You can reach out to us directly here - https://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/  

January 14th, 2020 05:00

Hello! This solution that you gave worked perfectly until some point. Now it doesn't - Wi-Fi is constantly disconnecting. Can you please recommend something else?

January 14th, 2020 05:00

@Nekto_Dell Thank you for your message, and update on your issue. Can you please look at the following Knowledge-Base, and verify if this helps your situation. I recommend starting at #8 first and then working your way down the list. If you are still having issues then please submit a trouble ticket to our support team so we can assist you. Thank you for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking.

• 

25.7K Posts

January 22nd, 2020 16:00

knegi, 

Sorry about the inconvenience at hand. Let's work on the issues reported. I've replied to your private note. 

Dell-RonnieR

17 Posts

January 22nd, 2020 16:00

Dell support is a joke. When laptop has WiFi connectivity issues, how dell support is adamant about fixing it remotely and not sending a technician to look into the matter. I have sent the pictures and videos as evidence but no help so far. 

It is really frustrating and this is last product i would be buying from dell and i will make sure every one know how lousy Dell XPS line is.

1. Color banding - how a product can be released which has such a faulty display quality.. 

2. Killer wi-fi. real killer.

3. Screen freezing - may be some blame goes to MS.

4. Clean reboot takes 5-10 mins. there you have fastest top of the line premium laptop from dell.

Please arrange a technician who can come and really fix WiFi, it is killing us.

January 23rd, 2020 08:00

@knegi Thank you again for your message, and feedback. Have you sent a support ticket into us by chance? I would love to help get your issue resolved if you could send one in that would allow us to help you with your device. Please submit a Diagnostic with this Ticket, and give us the information of your network at home (Router,AP, Gateway, ect) Brand and Name of the Device, last time you have updated is firmware. Screenshot of the Wireless Settings on your network device, or your Wi-Fi Analyzer page of the Killer Control Center. (Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz). 

We have found that some users have resolved their issue with this Knowledge-Base starting at #8.

Also, if you are having problems, see the Killer KB! 

17 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 18:00

@killernetworking I tried the solution mentioned by killer already and it has latest driver as of today. Support ticket #014594. I did follow steps in article below: https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/
problem is wi fi never wakes up after laptop is up from sleep mode. I have sent detail email to killer support
 and attached following

details: 1. Killer Diag details, 2. system logs to show adpater issue with powering up and 3. screen shot what it looks like after laptop is up from sleep mode.

January 24th, 2020 08:00

@knegi I sent you a detailed response to your ticket, please perform the actions on that response and get back to us. Thank you again for your time - Nicholas with Killer Networking.

17 Posts

January 24th, 2020 19:00

@killernetworking Thank you so much Nicholas for your diligence. 

I have followed recommended steps. I will update you in a day or two if issue is resolved permanently.

Regards,

Kuldeep @knegi  

No Events found!