Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

September 23rd, 2019 16:00

XPS 15 7590 - micro-stuttering

Hi,

I've had my XPS 15 7590 (i7-9750h, 8GB RAM, FHD display) for almost a month now. I've been getting these micro-stutters in Windows 10 where I will be typing or moving my mouse and the mouse suddenly skip a few positions and then end up at the location where I wanted it. Similarly, for the keyboard, it would stop typing and then after the stutter finishes, all the letters would appear as I typed them.

These issues aren't related to just the keyboard and mouse. During these micro-stutters, the entire system freezes/stutters (not just mouse/keyboard) for approx 1 second. It's happened during a circuit simulation once and I could see my simulation output graph stuttering as it was being generated. Sometimes (rarely), it's much longer (7-8 seconds), where the entire system freezes up. Once the stutter is over, the system works just fine, like nothing ever happened. It's very hard to replicate on demand, it just happens - whether I have 1 word document open or I have 30 Chrome tabs open. It happens at least once or twice an hour now.

I can't remember exactly when they started. They could have been there in the start but I didn't use the machine much at that time (I don't think they were). The most noticeable event before I can remember having these stuttering issues was when there a Dell Update for Killer drivers - again I could be wrong. I'm quite sure it was after some sort of Dell Update though. I can't remember this happening at the start.

My system is fully updated - BIOS, etc. via the Dell Update Manager. It's just getting frustrating now. Windows Event Viewer does not show anything corresponding to the stutter times.

Thanks

1 Message

September 24th, 2019 14:00

Hey,
Same issue here im receiving errors 5005 in my event viewer when this happens

13 Posts

October 10th, 2019 02:00

Exactly the same for me........ I'm really looking forward for a solution soon

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

October 10th, 2019 03:00

@Damun  @fshiwani  @skrzeku29 

Just a quick question???

What HDD/SSD do you have installed???

Best regards,

U2

13 Posts

October 10th, 2019 20:00

KXG60ZNV512G NVMe TOSHIBA 512 GB

I did a hardware test scan as well:

clipboard_image_1.png

13 Posts

October 10th, 2019 21:00

For that specific driver I get Failed : 'No devices found' , however, I think its not compatible with the KXG60ZNV512G Toshiba SSD

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

October 10th, 2019 21:00

@Damun 

Sorry not for your SSD

U2

EDITED:

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

October 10th, 2019 22:00