Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 25th, 2021 01:00

XPS 15 9500, DMC not working?

After running Dell mobile connect for some time on my 2020 XPS 15 9500 the latest update is suddenly telling me 'Sorry, but this system does not have the minimum requirements for running Dell Mobile Connect'. Like what?

Help, please?

9 Posts

February 25th, 2021 02:00

Is there still no official fix from Dell? Why are any of these "workarounds" necessary? This is a well documented problem that Dell seemingly could care less. What's the point of buying and using software from a system integrator that doesn't care about it's customers after the point of sale? 

14 Posts

March 1st, 2021 19:00

anyone get any further with this?   my open case with Dell went nowhere after I told them i'm not reinstalling my OS, as that was a ridiculous solution, and also, based on this and other threads, doesn't even guarantee it would resolve the issue.

Someone mentioned before - it's too bad that Screenovate doesn't just make a agnostic version that would work with any Windows 10 system.    It's a good piece of software that I would gladly buy if they provided support for it.

March 1st, 2021 19:00

Did you try reinstalling the DMC drivers from the Dell Support site for your machine? On mine, the registry entries that reference Screenovate seem to indicate that the Dell Driver package is what installs that.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2021 02:00

The same thing for me. DMC doesn't work and still saying my laptop doesn't fit with requirements "Sorry, but this system does not have the minimum requirements for running Dell Mobile Connect".

It was working perfectly last month. I try all solution in this post, but none of them work.

I have de Dell XPS15 9570.

Even downgrading DMC doesn't work.

Please, help...

14 Posts

March 3rd, 2021 06:00

yup.  i believe the latest ones:   Dell-Mobile-Connect-Driver_15MPV_WIN_3.2_A00, which is version 3.2.9660, A00

7 Posts

March 3rd, 2021 06:00

The one I'm successfully using is version 3.2.9771

About DMC 3.2.9771.jpg

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2021 08:00

Even with this version doesn't work. I also spend my time writing DELL_XPS in the repertory, however, it's often going back to " " (nothing). I don't know why it doesn't save this parameter.

21 Posts

March 3rd, 2021 08:00

Guys,

I have something to share, but this doesn't necessarily solve your issue. For me, it worked with my wife's Dell laptop (an old Latitude E7240) but not in mine (a newer than 2018 Precision 5530).

Step by step using my wife's laptop (DMC and DMC drivers were never installed):

1) Tried to download DMC from Windows store: No luck, because "the system is not compatible" or something along these lines.

2) Changed "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\OEMID" and "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\StoreContentModifier" to "DELL" and "DELL_XPS" respectively

3) Retried in Windows Store: No luck, same message.

4) Reboot

5) Retried in Windows Store: Success! I was able to install the latest version (DMC v3.2.9771)

6) Run DMC: No luck, "your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements blah blah..."

7) Tried with different values in "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\StoreContentModifier" such as "DELL_INSPIRON", "DELL_VOSTRO" etc. but same all same.

8 ) Played a little bit with Sysinternals Process Monitor in order to find out requests to the registry, but couldn't figure anything out. So I gave up.

9) 10-15 days after that I got an email notification stating that a new message was posted to another thread in this forum (btw. this message looks like it's been deleted). Among other things, the guy said that Dell asked him to use "Auto" in "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\StoreContentModifier"

10) Tried that (no reboot), but again no luck. Same "your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements blah blah..." error message.

11) Changed "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store\StoreContentModifier" back to "DELL_XPS"

12) Tried running DMC again (no reboot) and... TADA!! The window opened and I was able to go through the process of pairing with my iPhone.

13) At some point it prompted me to download the DMC drivers, which I of course accepted.

14) It downloaded and installed the drivers (v3.1.9518) and worked like a charm

Then I jumped to my Precision and followed steps 9-11 but had absolutely NO LUCK So it looks like that the behavior is non-deterministic. So, I gave up on my laptop and decided to live with DMC v3.0.9346 hoping that the next DMC update will resolve this issue.

March 3rd, 2021 11:00

I was going through Device Manager and found entries under Bluetooth that has Screenovate drivers. One was Phone Call Audio Device and the Other was Phone Input Device v2. Both have the Driver Provider as Screenovate with the version as 2.071 and the date 10/22/2018. I have no idea whether this is part of what DMC is looking for, but it might be something to check out.

1 Message

March 3rd, 2021 21:00

Not sure if anyone tried this fix but I just did the batch file found here and it worked for me!

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware/15-R4-mobile-connect-Microsoft-store-download/td-p/6128516/page/2

21 Posts

March 4th, 2021 03:00

@Mike Schmieggreat idea checking Device Manager. I do have the two devices in Bluetooth with one difference in the version of "Phone Call Audio Device". Mine is v2.073 dated 6/12/2019. I tried installing earlier drivers but it looks like that it stays in v2.036 dated 6/12/1029. Not sure what else to look. Thanks for the idea!

21 Posts

March 4th, 2021 03:00

@ThePiston450I had tried that with no success. Thanks for the hint!

21 Posts

March 4th, 2021 09:00

One difference between my wife's laptop and my laptop is that mine is Windows 10 Enterprise whereas my wife's is Windows 10 Pro. Couldn't this be the issue?

It would be very interesting to see if anyone is running the new version with enterprise windows.

21 Posts

@Mike Schmieg oops... I indeed meant to type 2019. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. I was sort of hoping that this might have been a clue to the problem.

No Events found!