Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

December 29th, 2020 13:00

XPS 15 9500, lemon

Dell keeps giving me the run around on a less than 60 day old XPS 15 9500. My motherboard went out 3 weeks ago and got replaced to have my laptop freeze up during the BIOS update. Dell told me to let it die which anyone half competent knows would brick most of the hardware. To my reluctance, I did what tech support told me to do which was let the laptop die so they could create a new support ticket, my systems half bricked, half the hardware doesn't work and when I call tech support I keep getting the run around. I was told Christmas day someone would be out here yesterday to replace my faulty hardware, no calls, texts, or emails from WWTS. Called dell after 5 p.m. rolled around and I didn't get a call or text from the Technician, oh well, they'll be there tomorrow 8.a.m. sharp, I've been waiting since 6 a.m. again, no call, email, or texts from WWTS. Dell says they'll prioritize my case, someone will contact me today. I got a call about 2 p.m. saying a tech will be here at 4. Still no tech, nor communication, now dell's saying sometime next week someone will be out here to repair my computer. This is freaking ridiculous, why not just exchange the defective device? Who else has had this kind of jerk around experience with their tech support?

December 29th, 2020 20:00

I'd keep trying... I returned my XPS 9500 due to the trackpad being wobbly.

December 29th, 2020 20:00

I cant tell you how many hours I have spent on hold waiting for tech support, talking to tech support, and getting put on hold some more. I have yet to reach an American call center. I can't find any kind of customer service/relations line other than to their sales team and tech support. Like I'm sure I've spent at least a full 24 hours on the phone with tech support and 2 hours today with the sales team who refused to transfer me to a manager so I could talk about an exchange. I feel like this is totally unacceptable for a $2000 laptop but I see the xps line is full of lemons and they're at least trying to royally me.

December 31st, 2020 09:00

Technician just came and replaced the mother board and updated all of the drivers and it's still overheating and tech supports telling me to update the drivers and observe the system for 48 hours... It's overheating just idling and I'm supposed to observe the system for 48 hours, I can't even describe the ideocracy behind the thought process they have. So now I'm again waiting on tech support to create another ticket, order ANOTHER motherboard cause 3 wasn't enough yet and order new fans and heat syncs because that's going to fix it hopefully. Why is dell so against replacing a DEFECTIVE DEVICE with a new one?

After this horrific experience and watching Linus Tech Tips videos on Dell tech support, I will never be buying or using another Dell product as long as I can avoid it. The fact that you guys have mainstream influencers Destroying your tech support and sales teams publicly in their videos should have been a huge clue you had something to fix and it's painfully obvious Dell just doesn't care enough to fix their problems or mistakes. 

No Events found!