Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

November 17th, 2020 09:00

XPS 15 9500, speaker crackle issue

I bought my dell xps 15 9500 last month with huge expectations. Given that this is one of Dell's laptops with higher end specs (and pricing) I was expecting a machine with no flaws.

However, I noticed an issue with the speaker right out of the box. It seems to crackle with sounds such as windows notifications, etc. I contacted dell and kept following up multiple times and finally, yesterday they replaced the speakers in my laptop, only to find out that the problem still persists! The service personnel casually just shrugged and with the least amount of concern, said "I don't know what the problem is, I will try to connect to the dell Centre and let them know". I did not receive any update since then and when I contacted the same service technician again, he says that according to him the laptop seems to be working fine and that the issue comes when the volume level is above 90 (which is not true, it comes at any volume and is noticeable above 30). And in a hypothetical situation if what he said was true, I do not need to deal with the slightest issue after buying such an expensive laptop. In addition to dealing with the dell service call center, I have to deal with arrogance too?

I am hoping to have the system replaced, and at the same time wishing that the new one would not have any of the factory issues( trackpad, screen freeze, speaker cracking, etc.)

Does anyone here know how to deal with this?? Kindly help.

@Anonymous 

• 

25.7K Posts

November 18th, 2020 01:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

November 18th, 2020 02:00

Another quicker workaround is restarting the audio service.
I created a bat file with the following commands:

net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv

Then I bound that file with a keyboard shortcut (es. CTRL + ALT + A) so every time they start crackling I simply press the key combination and in few seconds they come back work normally.

In my case this workaround works for a few hours, sometimes less.

November 24th, 2020 15:00

The crackling issue from my laptop seems more like a hardware issue. It looks like the issue with your might be different from mine. 

November 25th, 2020 07:00

@DELL-Cares @Anonymous 

So far you have done nothing but tell me solutions that haven't worked. I have been going back and forth with this for a while. This is an out of the box issue. 

No Events found!