Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

December 30th, 2019 17:00

XPS 15 9550, battery drain when switched off

Hi!

My XPS 15 9550 has been having battery drain issues when switched off. It's weird, I switch it off at near 100% battery and it powers on to under 9%. Happens almost every time. I am sure that the system actually shuts down and is not sleeping or anything like that, at least to the best of my knowledge.

I would like to point out that the battery was replaced last about a year and a half ago and I have only just started encountering this problem in the last few days. Also, when the computer starts, for a second it shows the battery percentage that it should be, but then it quickly changes to under 10% with a critical battery sign. For example, the other day I switched it off at 65%. When I booted the device, for a second it showed 64% and then suddenly went down to 7%. 

I'm hoping this is some sort of a software bug and I won't have to change the battery again. But, I would be really grateful if someone can help me out here.

Thanks!

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

December 31st, 2019 04:00

@Risspartan117 the symptoms of battery drain that you describe does sound a lot like the system is going to sleep mode rather than shutdown.

First off, have you changed anything, hardware or software recently i.e a BIOS update that could be causing this issue?

What BIOS revision are you currently running on the system?

How are you shutting the system down i.e start and shutdown from within windows / closing the lid / holding down the power button?

When you power the system back on does it come on immediately or do you see the Dell splash screen, then it loads for a bit before handing it off to Windows?

I'll drop you a private message to get your tag details.

Alan

1 Message

February 20th, 2020 10:00

Hi, I'm having the same problem here. Any idea?

Thank you

No Events found!