Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

November 9th, 2019 18:00

XPS 15 9560, Alert! TPM device is not detected

Having followed these steps & those provided on the Dell support page, I'm still receiving an error during bootup "Alert! TPM device is not detected."
The TPM is not visible in the bios or Windows device manager.
Installing V2.0 firmware was not successful.
TPM Management states, "Compatible TPM cannot be found".
Bios has been updated to the current version. 

My warranty has just conveniently lapsed & not service agents are available until tomorrow.
I've even tried to pay for further support & warranty extension, but to no avail.

What now Dell?

XPS 15 9560

2 Posts

February 19th, 2020 07:00

Oh yeah - many thanks!!

2 Posts

February 19th, 2020 07:00

The shut down and keep unplugged for 30 seconds just worked for a Precision 7730 laptop.  What was strange was that disabling Continue on Warnings and Errors still halted the boot.

February 21st, 2020 08:00

It didn't work for me with Dell XPS 13 7390

1 Message

March 28th, 2024 21:58

After having this for years on my xps 9560, and just clicking 'continue' every time, today I decided to troubleshoot. The cable unplug and wait trick wasn't working. 

I upgraded the bios from 1.23 to 1.24 (still had the error).

Then I shutdown the laptop, unplugged the cable, waited 1 minute and held ctrl+esc while plugging it back in.

It turned on by itself and I selected the reset bios back to default option (I think the second choice). It booted with a different error message and then after shutting down and restarting the error message is now gone and tpm 2.0 shows in the bios.

Success! 

No Events found!