Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2020 22:00

XPS 15 9560 Fan direction

Hi I am a XPS 15 9560 user. Like many other XPS 15 9560 users, I have faced thermal issues with my laptop. I don't mind the noise of the fans, but even with the "cool" setting of fans on Dell Power Manager, my computer still overheats(usually around temperatures of 60-70 degrees celsius). I have not cleaned my computers internals ever since I bought it, around 3 years ago. based on which direction the airflow of the fans is, I can clean it either using compressed air or some alcohol. I am also considering replacing the thermal paste. Can someone help to just tell me what is the direction of airflow, and how to clean the internals of my computer?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 25th, 2020 01:00

Get a vacuum cleaner and several cans of air blow it out and use vacuum to suck out the dust bunnies.

Do this OUTSIDE the house preferably when its not raining.

272 Posts

July 25th, 2020 05:00

First, take the laptop somewhere you don’t mind getting dusty. You probably don’t want to blow dust all over your desk or bed. Get a can of compressed air, point it at the laptop’s cooling vents, and give them a few short bursts of air. With any luck, the jets of air will knock some of the dust loose and it will escape the laptop’s vents. You won’t get all the dust out of the laptop, but at least it will stop plugging up the vents, fans, and whatever else it’s stuck to. This isn’t the ideal way to dust out a laptop, but it may be all you can do.

July 25th, 2020 04:00

Ok, thank you! Does it matter whether I vacuum from the top or the bottom?

July 25th, 2020 06:00

Ok, thank you all so much for the help !

@RuskinF @speedstep 

No Events found!