This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2018 20:00

XPS 15 9560, Graphics Driver Fail

Intel GFX Driver Version: 23.20.16.4973

NVIDIA GFX Driver Version: 398.11

Hey All,

I have a 9560 4K and cannot get past this issue. When i restart my computer i get one of two things occur. i either get hung on the load screen, where the windows loading circle freezes, or i get a black screen with only the mouse available for a few moments before it freezes. For some reason, removing the power adaptor gets me into windows, where i receive the notification "Graphics driver failed to start" neither adaptors have an exclamation mark in Device Manager, and there are no issues in GeForce Control Panel or in the Intel Driver.

Any one else experiencing this? 

2 Posts

June 17th, 2018 06:00

Your post provided me with a solution!

I uninstalled both Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 in Device Manager. It prompted me to restart to finish but I held off until I manually reinstalled the igpu driver downloaded directly from Intel and dgpu driver from NVIDIA. Restarted with power plugged in and viola! No more black screen of death.

2 Posts

June 16th, 2018 19:00

I started experiencing the same issue. I can get to windows when it's running on battery but not when it's plugged into the charger. I've tried reinstalling all display drivers but the problem still persists.

June 16th, 2018 19:00

Yes! Random shutdowns and black screen with white cursor problem. I boot into safe mode, uninstall drivers, and I can "see" windows on login again. I removed drivers and driver software, reinstalled, and am still having the random shutdown with black screen on login problem. It's bad enough I'm actually considering calling support.

June 16th, 2018 20:00

One thing that I did see somewhere is that the drivers will conflict if the Intel driver is installed *after* the Nvidia driver. I'm downloading both again through Dell and am going to try one more time. The Nvidia driver updated just 2 days ago.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2019 05:00

I have the same problema with all dell page driver. I only have Intel hd 620, if i let the Intel basic driver the notebook work fine, but the YouTube videos don't work well without driver? I test the last versión, 23.20.16.4973 and the same problem

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message. Does the screen freeze during the Dell logo on all attempts of login or is it intermittent?

Please try refreshing the Intel 630 driver, open device manager – expand display adapter right click on the driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer.

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!