Highlighted
2 Bronze

XPS 15 9570 Bluetooth disappearing

Jump to solution

I have been using the laptop with my Logitech MX Master 2S mouse for quite a while and things work just fine. But recently, the Bluetooth is not working very well. The Bluetooth adapter just disappear while I had my mouse connected and used for a while.

And the Bluetooth adapter disappears across ubuntu and windows 10 together every time, which indicates it is a BIOS or hardware problem. The only solution that I found useful is to reinstall the bios update released on 21 Sep, but it only helps for a while.

I found that quite a number of people have experienced a similar situation, yet their solutions do not apply to me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 15 9570 Bluetooth disappearing

Jump to solution

I have followed the later instruction at

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln306440/killer-n1535-wireless-firmware-manual-update... and for 90% it seems to be working fine. The only times when it sometimes fails is when i close the lid.

New firmware versions seem to improve over time is my feeling.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
Hi Antiaris! Also I have the 9570 and your own mouse, and I have your same problem. It happened to me once upon waking up in standby these days. I blame the new bios v. 1.4.1, since I have this XPS since 26 July and I took the mouse a few days later and only in these days the problem occurred to me. But if you say that it does to you with the previous version of the bios .... I do not know. As for the MX Master 2S, some small "lag" occasionally occur to me both when I move the mouse and when I scroll the main wheel. Does this happen to you too? I'm Italian and I translate with google obviously, sorry! 😉
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Yes!! my mouse lag in some time as well. I have just had the bios updated to 1.5.0 today but the problem persists. Even worse, the wifi dies with the Bluetooth, it makes me feel that the problem is the wifi card itself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Bluetooth. It will just stop working while typing or when machine hibernates, it wakes up without Bluetooth. I have now made 4 calls to tech support. They seem to fix it temporarily only to have it reoccur.

Dell needs to fix the bios or whatever they need to do resolve this problem. Tech support offers the lame excuse that it disconnects due to RFI. That explanation is utter rubbish. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi DrQuant,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post indicates you have the same problem as the original poster. Does this issue occur using other bluetooth devices such as speakers, or is it only the Logitech mouse?

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Bluetooth Troubleshooting and Usage Guide

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I upgraded to a newer version of the wireless firmware  and the problems have gone. My Wifi and bluetooth were failing reguarly. (same mouse)

When doing  a dmesg I noticed the firmware crashed.

I  followed the instructions on:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/firmware

Using the firmware 

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/blob/master/QCA6174/hw3.0/4.4.1/firmware-6.bin_WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00119-QCARMSWP-1.

But check your version (lspci |grep Network)

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The problem persists after updating the firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Has any one have any solution? 

I got my XSP 15 9570 by the end of January 2019 and I've only used it for little over a month, and today my Bluetooth also disappeared on me. All drivers are updated to its most recent versions.

I opened up device manager and Bluetooth is not there, ran diagnostic on line from dell support website and it too, says the device is not present.

I then proceeded to call dell technical support, but this is what really got me! The tech support said this is not a hardware issue and that if I choose to cotinue, I will be charged because bluetooth is a software problem!!! 

I asked for clarification, he said that any thing physical that I can touch would be hardware, and bluetooth is a software problem! Seriously? so if I have a drive failure, and that my fingers cannot physically touch the drive because it is inside my computer, it would be a software issue as well?? This is absolutely rediculious.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same issue here with my XPS 15 9570. My bluetooth just disappears when my computer wakes up. Despite restarting, shutting down etc, it won't start again. 3 calls to the TechSupport they never really know what to do, eventually it starts back up randomly but no clue how.

Someone came and replaced my Killer wireless adapter but nothing to do its doing it again.

This is utterly annoying. It seems to be a recurring problem that is not taken care of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Will33,

Windows

1. In the Device Manager, change the Bluetooth wireless adapter power settings: 
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager 
  2. In Device Manager, expand Bluetooth Radios, right-click on the Bluetooth wireless adapter and then click Properties.
  3. In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
  4. Click OK.
  5. Restart your computer to apply the change.

For my notes, Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

0 Kudos