Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 12:00

XPS 15 9570 Crackling Audio Repair

Hi there,

I purchased a Dell Certified Refurb 9570 last year for audio production, without prior knowledge of its audio issues. For the better part of the year, I've been watching closely and trying the various fixes that other users have come up with. I've heard many times that Dell would have a fix "soon", but nothing has worked thus far. I've called Dell and DCR and have been passed back and forth with neither being able to do anything or even tell my why they cannot do anything. My 1 year warranty is now up, and I called hoping for out of warranty repair, but again was told nothing can be done. Finally, it was suggested to me to call Best Buy, because that is where I purchased the computer from. I emailed, and have been waiting for a response from them, but nothing so far. I'm kind of in the dark as to what to do, as I feel like I've wasted a good year trying to get my computer to work. Am I SOL? Has anyone taken theirs to a 3rd party repair shop with success? I just want to be able to use my computer, and am so far beyond frustrated at this point. These things aren't cheap. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

31 Posts

January 24th, 2020 05:00

I solved the problem with a BIOS update. Then another BIOS update fried my motherboard.

Buy other brand.

3 Posts

January 29th, 2020 10:00

What can we do as customers? I feel like we should all band together to demand action of some sort. This has affected so many people, I can't believe it's not a bigger story. The only reason I went with Dell was for the supposed customer support, of which I've received none. I had to give up on a paid for Pro Tools course, because of the audio issues, so I'm already in the hole a great deal.

No Events found!