Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 2nd, 2018 18:00

XPS 15 9570 finger print reader is not working properly

The goodix fingerprint did not work several days ago. In device manager it said "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)". I've already tried to uninstall the device and download the latest driver from dell.com and also reboot the laptop.

3 Posts

December 13th, 2018 00:00

Problem solved. I reset the winsock by the command netsh winsock reset. Then once I restarted the laptop the fingerprint reader worked again. The question now is WHY?

3 Posts

October 8th, 2018 00:00

I have exactly this similar issue. I reinstalled the Goodix fingerprint driver and Intel Guard Extensions Platform Software, but it did not solve the issue.

3 Posts

December 13th, 2018 00:00

U may try to reset winsock...Im wondering if my solution worked for everyone...

1 Message

February 20th, 2019 07:00

THANK YOU GUYS!!! I have met this problem the same as you, and i solve it by implementing your solution.

1 Message

June 16th, 2019 22:00

THANKS!!!!! Tried so many solutions but none of them worked. This one saved me!

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2019 16:00

Now it is completely gone from device manager and even running the command doesn't bring it back.

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2019 16:00

This works if your finger print reader is not detecting. It worked for me as well, but as soon as you lock your computer and come back it stopped working. It doesn't show up on device manager. Run the command again reboot and it works. Windows 10 Bld 1809.

• 

17K Posts

June 25th, 2019 08:00

Durken,

Click the link below to download the drivers for the fingerprint reader. Also, update the bios as well as the Goodix Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

How to Download and Install the FingerPrint Reader Driver for Your Computer

Dell XPS 9570 Drivers,Downloads and Manuals

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

No Events found!