Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 4th, 2018 14:00

XPS 15 9570 fingerprint reader not work with windows hello

I just received a BIOS update (1.6.0) from SupportAssist yesterday. When I start my computer today, the fingerprint not working anymore. The windows hello seems didn't detect the fingerprint. I check the device manager it also shows the reader is not working. I have reinstalled driver of it and also following the suggestions in other posts to reinstall the Intel Software Guard Extensions. But it still not work, any suggestions? should I try to recover the BIOS?

fingerprint2.pngfingerprint.png

• 

17K Posts

May 17th, 2019 04:00

Click the link below for resolving the fingerprint reader and Windows hello.

Click my name and private message me the service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 4th, 2018 17:00

Try the following forum posts, especially the post from the moderator.

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Dell-XPS-15-9570-Finger-print-reader-no-longer-working/td-p/6149664

2 Posts

December 4th, 2018 19:00

Thanks for your replying. I tried to reinstall the driver and also other solutions in that post. But it still not working...do you think recovery windows will be helpful? Seems the fingerprint reader is working but windows can't load the driver. 

1 Message

May 16th, 2019 17:00

have you fixed the problem? i'm facing the same issue, and don't know how to fix it.

No Events found!