Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2018 21:00

XPS 15 9575, sound and touchpad issue

I purchased my dell xps 9575 laptop month ago and after a week sound issues stated.

I couldn't hear any sound, so i have to restart my laptop to get back sound. And I have tried every solution posted in the older discussions like updating the sound drivers, reinstalling it, troubleshooting and bios updating but nothing worked.

Now from last week touchpad is also freezing and i started using bluetooth mouse to overcome this in really important cases because i cannot restart my laptop everytime.

So please suggest me what to do should I return my laptop and go to other brands or wait for a permanent solution for this problem

33 Posts

November 7th, 2018 19:00

For my sound issues the information in this link to install the latest Realtek sound driver worked.

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 16th, 2018 06:00

Hi sirilsai,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Looks like you've tried a lot of things to get this resolved.  Have you done a system diagnostics yet?  Please run diagnostics by either pressing F12 at startup or by running Dell SupportAssist.  Make a note of any error messages and post back.

You may wish to back up your data, because you may have to reinstall the operating system.

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

6 Posts

October 17th, 2018 19:00

Thanks Robert

As you said i tried running system diagnostics through dell support assist and no issues found message popped up but still my laptop speakers are not audible.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 19th, 2018 03:00

So, you were able to hear the tones during the diagnostics test?

33 Posts

October 30th, 2018 08:00

For me, reverting to BIOS 1.1.7 seemed to fix the track pad freezing issue:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=J1PD5&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-15-9575-2-in-1-laptop

For the sound dropping out I open the device manager and disable and then re-enable the Realtek sound driver.  Not great, but this will allow you to get the sound back without having to restart the computer.  I have asked for Dell to look into this in every way I know.  Still no driver update...

33 Posts

January 4th, 2019 20:00

There is now BIOS 1.2.0 available.

October 1st, 2019 10:00

October 1st, 2019 10:00

Seems to be a HID pen interference.  Check driver versions of VGA(Intel) Wacom Pen and Microsoft HID pen Support

No Events found!