Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2020 13:00

XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3

My XPS 13 9310 has Bluetooth issues just like my previous XPS 9360

I just received the laptop and updated all drivers, bios and Windows - Everything is up to date. 

Connect my keyboard and mouse and off we go. Awesome laptop - If you don't mind your mouse getting stuck for 2-3 seconds. Or typing a few characters behind.

In the beginning with my 9360 I had a similar problem - Though I remember only turning off some mouse settings and that solved it. Now - can't figure out why out of the box a $2K laptop cannot perform as it should. 

10 Posts

January 12th, 2021 03:00

Its actually the wifi driver that fixed it, not the BT one.  This driver also did not pop up for me using Intel download manager.  I was pointed to this driver after chatting with Intel about the issue and sending them system logs.

I do have the Intel AX201 in my affected laptop.

However, my understanding is that Killer does not make their own hardware.  They just use Intel hardware and write their own software.  It appears they use the same core software if they have the same issue.

Its up to each Dell user if they want to try it. 

7 Posts

January 28th, 2021 13:00

Someone posted on Lenovo forum about changing registry, it seems work.

* Click Windows icon (start)
* Type regedit
* Right click Registry Editor
* Click Run as administrator
* Navigate to =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

37 Posts

January 31st, 2021 07:00

Hi Everybody, 

Editing hte registries as described by @YsHaNgM on page 19 fixed the issue for me. 

Many thanks!

Best regards, 

Attila

• 

25K Posts

October 24th, 2020 14:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

October 24th, 2020 14:00

Laptops rarely get updates but if they ever do updates must come from Dell. Reinstall the original drivers . Dell customizes all the drivers for your exact board. You can't use other manufacturers drivers. That cause problems.

If you are using an external usb Logitech KB, those drivers come from Logitech. Those drivers are for the special keys and functions. All KBs are plug and play and do not need drivers.

• 

25K Posts

October 24th, 2020 15:00

We have responded to your Private note, please review.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 27th, 2020 04:00

jpc0480,

Thank you for the update.

65 Posts

Seems like it's more on Logitech's end. Dell support is checking for a workaround and I reached out to Logitech for an updated driver. Will share here to help anyone else out  

1 Message

I do have the exact same setup and face the same issue. Very annoying. Need help too

1 Message

October 27th, 2020 09:00

I have a Surface keyboard and mouse, and am facing the same lag issue on both.

6 Posts

October 30th, 2020 08:00

I'm also getting lag when connected by bluetooth on my XPS 9310, different model mouse but also made by logitech (model M590).

65 Posts

October 30th, 2020 09:00

Its an issue with Logitech Options - Or at least in my case. Uninstalled and it's fine.

I wrote Logitech and it took their support team 3 days to write me back. When they did write me back they told me to not to plug the unifying receiver into a usb hub. Clearly they did not actually read what I wrote. Support agent just wanted to finish his tickets. When I wrote back, they offered to replace the defective device if I could prove the retailer is rejecting my return... ???

Device is NOT defective, just their  OS.

6 Posts

October 30th, 2020 14:00

Yeah doesn't sound like they were very helpful unfortunately. I tried uninstalling the logitech options software and re-pairing my mouse but the occasional stutter/lag persists. All the drivers and firmware are up to date on the laptop as well as the mouse and I have a feeling this is an issue with the XPS rather than the mouse since I have been using the mouse lag-free on another computer for some time now

65 Posts

October 31st, 2020 01:00

Do you have another non-Logitech mouse you can test with? I had a cheap one that paired and works without lag.

I also paired my Bose headphones, AirPods and everything is working well.

I just remembered, but actually I have had issues with Logitech BT now on my 3rd XPS and a Sony Vaio. Try other BT devices and hopefully yours is more Logitech related. Though unfortunately their support is total trash.

14 Posts

October 31st, 2020 09:00

I also have this problem with the 9310 I just received. My Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse Stutters and randomly lags out basically making it unusable and beyond frustrating. It mostly happens if you stop moving the mouse for a few seconds and then try to move it again.. It stalls out for a second... It like you have to re wake it up...  

I dont have any Logitech programs installed.

This Mouse works absolutely flawless on My Razer Blade Stealth and my Asus Zephyrus S15. So Its Def not the mouse. LOL.... 

No Events found!