Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 8th, 2018 11:00

XPS 9365 does not auto connect to internet

Hi, 

I have a XPS 9365 2 in 1 - it does not auto connect to the internet. I am wondering if there is a setting in my router I need to fix or is it this model. It connects fine to my 2G network but not to my 5G. Other devices auto-connect fine.

I have been sent a replacement unit, which has the exact same issue. Would you have any suggestions?

I have tried: installing drivers directly from Intel, updated to latest windows software update, reinstalling my system via dell, the wifi card does not have a power management setting.

I have been trying to fix this for months - please let me know if anyone has a solution.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 8th, 2018 15:00

Systems which are configured as Modern Standby do not normally have power management settings for the Wi-Fi adapter.

On my Router, I use different SIDs for the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios.   If you right click the wireless icon on the taskbar, do the 5 GHz networks show up?  If you chose to connect and enter the password, it does not connect?   Any messages in the Event Viewer around the time you try to connect?

The 5 GHz radios normally have less signal strength so make sure you are close enough to the router to get a good signal.  I am assuming your router does 5 GHz..

5 Posts

September 20th, 2018 10:00

Yes. The 5GHz shows up as an option and my router does have 5G.

I enter the password once and it remembers it. However, would not connect automatically (after it wakes up or restarts). It also sometimes takes several tries to just be able to connect. Also, at times, it randomly disconnects while using. My router is Netgear (I am wondering if there are any compatibility issues). 

With 2.4 GHz it works fine. It has now developed a crackling noise when playing music online (Spotify) or playing videos as well. Wondering if these are connected issues...

Dell Tech is suggesting system resinstall - which has not helped before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 Posts

September 20th, 2018 10:00

I also use different SIDs. Can the name of the SIDs have an effect? 

No Events found!