Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 22nd, 2019 10:00

XPS 15 9570, close lid, won't turn on

This issue has occured 4 times now since I recieved my computer in january. 

It was plugged into power. I then disconnected the power and at the same time closed the lid. This should sleep the computer - the fact that my xps won't properly sleep will be adressed in another thread. 

5 minutes later when I'm going to use the laptop again, I notice that the fan is running at around half speed - when the computer is closed! The last three times this has happened, the laptop has been in my backpack, and it has been like a sauna in there. This cannot have been good for the computer at all. 

Anyway, I open the lid, and press a button on the keyboard. The backlight on the keys turn on, but there is absolutely no reaction from the computer other than this. I try to close the lid again and wait - and again the fan is going at half speed with the lid closed. I again open the lid, try to press a button and there is no reaction. The only way to get the computer to respond is to soft reset it by holding the power button. The code I was writing was lost as a result. 

The fact that this is now the fourth time this has happened, and the first three times it happened it could have caused my backpack to light on fire I feel that something must be done.

1 Message

November 30th, 2019 11:00

Same issue others are reporting. Concerning backpack usage, read the sticky, "FAQ Modern Standby".

1 Message

July 9th, 2019 13:00

I am experiencing the same problem

17 Posts

July 11th, 2019 06:00

I am having the same issue with my 9570, only had issue of it not going to sleep and finding it on in my bag once, but I generally shut it down now due to the occurrence of your second issue where I find it does not come out of sleep without a power button reset.

So far the most I have tracked it to is the sleep stat it is in when it wont wake up, shows no record of keyboard or track pad input in event logs with last message being.

The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Idle Timeout.

1 Message

September 9th, 2019 15:00

Same problem and I have "sleep" turned off for the entire computer.  Get the blue screen of death and fan blowing a maximum speed for no reason half the time too.  Blue screen says "Driver power state failure."  I have tried every Dell or microsoft or NVidia fix out there and nothing works.  Knew I shouldn't have bought a Dell for the first time.  Can barely use the thing because of all the problems.

2 Posts

September 10th, 2019 17:00

I have a similar problem with my XPS 15 9570. The computer "freezes" into this "connected standby" mode and doesn't wake up. I have to do a 'hard' reboot by holding down the power button. 

I'm just 2 months from the end of warranty... any suggestions? Why does the computer enter "connected standby" in the first place. I disabled Sleep and Hibernation. This is happening while the computer is plugged in. There doesn't appear to be an period that I can control.

No Events found!