Highlighted
3 Silver

XPS13 9300 (2020 version) webcam very poor quality

I'm assuming the webcam is just very cheap and low quality, as my picture is absolutely horrible. On zoom conferences, my picture is by far the worse regardless of lighting, location, etc. - however, I wanted to ask others if they have the same experience? Perhaps I have a defective camera for some reason.

It's extremely noisy and fuzzy. Do others with the new XPS13 have similar complaints?

10 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS13 9300 (2020 version) webcam very poor quality

I am having the exact same issues. I am in the queue to speak with a technical support person from Dell to understand if there is anything wrong (software/hardware) or it's just a <Profanity removed> camera

Highlighted
3 Silver

Thank you... Let me know what happens. It's also frustrating that there aren't really any ways to adjust the camera other than downloading Skype...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

have same camera blurry issue with xps 13 7390

tried most website suggested options, but does not work

is this HW related issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

That camera is really embarrassing given the price tag. We got one for our CEO as a replacement.... everything was working well until he had a video meeting.... so embarrassing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

any success to reach Dell and find solutions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Hi everyone,

After starting this thread, Dell reached out to me in a private message and asked for a video to show the problem. The response was:

Thank you so much for the video provided. As far as the quality of the image, the webcam that came with your unit has 0.92 megapixel, so pretty much what we can see is the right resolution for the camera, another thing that might influence is the internet speed you're running and the streaming services bandwidth you might be using. I t will depend also on how saturate they have those servers. 

At this time we couldn't find anything wrong with the unit, furthermore is working as per design. 

Just FYI to everyone...

Highlighted
1 Copper

Same here! I always get the poorest quality compared to others on zoom meetings. I came to same conclusion: Dell have installed a bad quality camera ;-((

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Same here.  It's horrible.  I have by far the worst video of anyone on the zoom calls.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Yup, quite embarrassing to say the least - you get a shiny flagship model with a camera from the first every camera phone 

0 Kudos