Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

December 1st, 2020 21:00

xps 13 9300 with DA300 ethernet issues

I have been having some strange issues with the DA300 when trying to use the Ethernet.  When I first plug in the cable to the DA300 everything seems fine. 

Sometime when I close the laptop and come back later and it will not connect to the net unless I unplug the USB C from the laptop and plug back in.  Ethernet cable unplugging doesn't work.

But this is not the strangest thing that happens. With the lap top closed all of a sudden I start experiencing outages on net.  

A more then a few times my other devices on the same router loose connection to the net.  After tracing each of these times it comes back to the connection of the Ethernet cable to the DA300.  I unplug it and everything is restored.  This has happened several times a week since I got the DA300.  This of course doesn't happen if using the wireless connection or another adapter.

I also have a UNI USB C to Ethernet adapter that I use.  This never has this issue and is what I have resorted to using until this DA300 issue is solved.

Most of the time I do have a Logitech mouse dongle plugged into the DA300 and have used the HDMI a few times and that of course all works fine.  It is just the Ethernet that seems to be strange.

Windows 10 is up to date and I have run the Dell Update so everything should be current driver wise, I run McAfee and have not seen any evidence of any virus or malware.

Ideas or follow up questions?

No Responses!
No Events found!