Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2015 04:00

"No such file or directory" by "2.Display local storage controller version"

Hello,

Is this normal situation that "sh: /xtremapp/bin/xtremapp: No such file or directory" appeared instead of the current SC version after an option 2 "Display local storage controller version" was selected at the install menu? Is this normal just after shipped and connected to Storage Controller before the initialization? The current version doesn't appear since a OS is running because  the menu is shown.

install menu

-------------------------

1.Configuration menu

2.Display local storage controller version

3.Check cluster setup menu

4.Perform factory reset

5.Power menu

----------------------

sh: /xtremapp/bin/xtremapp: No such file or directory

Best regards,

Hiroki

727 Posts

December 30th, 2015 11:00

The customer should NOT be executing this procedure - it needs to be done by an EMC field person or the partner.

Take a look at the EMC KB article that was published earlier today about this issue. This is visible to all EMC employees and partners.

727 Posts

December 28th, 2015 08:00

Hiroki,

This is an internal procedure that you are trying to follow - let's sync up offline on this question.

Thanks!

522 Posts

December 28th, 2015 08:00

Avi - can you let me know the outcome as well? I have had this with the last few installs and one of which caused alot of turmoil, so I have been seeing this on new installs and simply re-imaging the SC's to start so that it displays a version. If you guys hookup offline and can include me, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Keith

727 Posts

December 28th, 2015 19:00

Hi Keith,

I am trying to get more information on this. From what I understand so far, there was a decision to change the Storage Controller image coming from the factory to report "no version" to indicate that the Storage Controller has only the image on it and it was not yet installed with an XtremIO software package as part of cluster initialization. This Storage Controller installation shell option will report a version installed on the Storage Controller only after cluster initialization will complete.

For the time being, you should know that in case an XtremIO version isn’t displayed by this option, you should conclude that the correct image is installed on the Storage Controller and that you can proceed with the cluster initialization.

We will publish a KB article soon on this change in behavior so that the employees and partners are aware of this change.

Regards!

522 Posts

December 29th, 2015 10:00

Awesome..thanks Avi.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 30th, 2015 04:00

Hello Avi,

So the customer (or partner) can continue the installation, right?

By the way, Can I ask that the directory "/xtremapp/bin/xtremapp" will be generated in the HDD or SDD in the Storage Controller?

Thank you for explaining.

Best regards,

Hiroki

727 Posts

January 8th, 2016 07:00

Here is an update on this issue:

1. We published EMC KB 211711 (referenced in my post above) to explain what this error means and to provide a revised procedure for checking the SC image before fresh-install
  2. We also requested an urgent change to the XtremIO 4.x SW install guide to take into account this SC image change
  3. And we requested a software enhancement to make the SC easy-install display a clear message to the user rather than the confusing "/xtremapp/bin/xtremapp: No such file or directory” error message
No Events found!