Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2012 13:00

Persistent Client with Wyse terminals

Once I have a user logged into a desktop and I then persistently assign them to a desktop by right clicking and assigning the current user to the desktop. It does not seem to keep the persistent user assigned to the desktop.

I see in the Persisitent column for example  WyseDevice:Domain\User, but with repeated logins the user gets different desktops. This was working in 7.2 MR1.

Current Enivronment

vWorkspace 7.5.301.547 ( with hotfix 191187 V:7.5.549).

Wyse C10LE

8 HyperV Servers

Desktop groups are HyperV with Traditional Desktops which are instant provisioning.

Connection and Provisioning load balancing are in use.

I had originally tested on a group that spanned across different hyperv servers and wasnt sure if the connection balancing took effect before persistence was looked at so I created an new desktop group and placed all desktops on one server so the load balancing wouldnt really be an issue, still with the same outcome.

We will be using the Wyse devices for some state testing towards the end of march, which we will use 1 general account for logins and will need to be persistently assigned to a desktop. A backup file is created under the profile which the students will need to use if the test exits or some type of failure happens, so I must ensure the student using the general login retrieves the same desktop if they have to log back in.  Like I mentioned this worked in 7.2 MR1 with my SCVMM groups that were spanned across multiple hyperv servers.

Anyone else run into this?

No Responses!
No Events found!