Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2010 09:00

Redundancy Vworkspace

Hi,
New arrival in your community
I seach informations on different architectures redundant possible , Optimize with "Vworkspace 7.1" (7.2 )
Particularly on IIS redundancy and DataStore, for a DRP / BRP (Desaster Recovery Plan / Business Recovery Plan.).
For a large population ( +3500 users, vdi (+-500), RDS Server (+- 3000))
Could you, as an example that you use vs technology on different DataCenter according your experience
Cluster IIS (NLB, HLB, others…).
Datastore (mirroring SQL....)
Best regards ,
Denis

16 Posts

November 18th, 2010 11:00

On my first Installation, i had the same problem,  but I've not succeeded to resolve (i post "How to change Database")

it's a right problem (schéma i think), but i did not insist .

if you find solution, .

Denis

November 18th, 2010 14:00

Yeah, I'm stuck at that error, I've rebuilt, reinstalled, resecurity, banged head... but nothing I can do will get around this...

I guess I'll be looking at that script now

As my Connection brokers are 64-bit the ODBC key is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ODBC\ODBC.INI

Problem is I can see the same error happening as the script does what I'm doing manually...

Watch this space!

17 Posts

November 19th, 2010 08:00

I’m currently out of the office on leave but will be checking e-mail periodically. I will return to the office on the 22nd November, 2010.

Stephen Yorke

QC Analyst 4 | Quest Software Smart Systems Management | www.quest.com

T +1.902.442.5700 x 25729 | 5151 George Street, 12th Floor, Halifax, NS B3J 1M5

stephen.yorke@quest.com

November 19th, 2010 08:00

OKay... I got it working with DB mirroring! without using any scripts!

Took some effort... but it works seamlessly! I'm very pleased!

Paul do you want me to email you the details?

November 19th, 2010 09:00

Okay to get it working:
Infrastructure
Two SQL Instances on two servers, DB01\VWORKSPACE and DB02\VWORKSPACE, in my case SQL 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit running on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise
Additional Components
SQL Native Client 10.0, installable from the SQL 2008 R2 DVD
Process
Client
Installed the SQL Native Client 10.0
Configure using the 32bit ODBC Administrator new System DSN defining the failover database in addition to the primary database instance
Database

1.       Setup vWorkspace using the normal installation referring to DB01\VWORKSPACE instance to install ‘vworkspace_database

2.       Setup Mirroring on database using normal method, i.e. Full Backup of DB and Logs and restore in NO RECOVERY mode on DB02\VWORKSPACE, setup endpoints and start mirroring

3.       Run attached sql script on DB01\VWORKSPACE to create new store procedures, sp_hexadecimal and sp_help_revlogin

4.       Run sp_help_revlogin on DB01\VWORKSPACE to create CREATE LOGON script

5.       Edit script to make the default database for pnadmin  [master], and remove all lines except the CREATE LOGIN [pnadmin]

6.       Run this script on DB02\VWORKSPACE against the [master] database

7.       Failover the mirror

8.       Edit the [pnadmin]  login and set default database to [vworkspace_database]

Configure Connection Brokers etc to use the DSN created earlier.
Test failover… I’ll be using a manual failover process.
No Events found!