Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2012 12:00

Remote desktop logon settings - load balance

Hello,

I have the following question:

I'm settinga up a farm of remote desktop servers using a vWorkspace with one connection broker in front.

What is your suggestion for load balancing a remote desktop connection.

Based on my testing an application load balancig is working fine because it is connecting to vworkspace farm, but with desktop connection, using a quest vWorkspace client, there is no option to specify vWorkspace farm. If I use an dns roundrobin, then I have (sometimes) an issue with roundrobin itself, redirecting me to the wrong remote desktop session host.

Is there any workaround?

Thank's in advance.

Regards, Robert

228 Posts

December 10th, 2012 07:00

Hello Robert,

Have you created any managed applications in the vWorkspace Console, configured under the resources tab?

If not, then create a managed application that is published to all the RDS host servers and assigned to your users.

On your client, select the application radio button on the General tab. The drop-down list above this will then display the managed applications the user has access to, there is no need for you to enter a host IP address or use a DNS round-robin.

With this configuration the user will be connected to one of the RDS host servers for their initial connection, the broker will determine the most suitable host given the current load evaluation on each server.

If the user becomes disconnected from the session they can reconnect by launching the application, the broker will then identify the user has a disconnected session on one of the RDS host servers and reconnect the user.

Regards

David

228 Posts

December 7th, 2012 13:00

Hello Robert,

When you say 'but with desktop connection, using a quest vWorkspace client, there is no option to specify vWorkspace farm' how are you making the connection?

On the General tab you can select the Connectivity option and then specify your vWorkspace farm, is this what you are looking to do?

Capture.JPG

Regards

David

34 Posts

December 7th, 2012 15:00

That's I already try. On General -> Logon setting I entered an RDS host IP address and undre connectivity -> server list IP of connection broker. In that setup I always get connected to the same RDS host.

The second option I try is to enter a roundrobin A record for my RDS host to General -> Logon setting. Connectivity -> server list stay the same. In this setup I get a load balanced connection between my two RDS host, but there is an issue with reconnect to the disconected session in some circumstances (DNS roundrobin design).

Resolution in my opinion, would be if I could dedicate an IP to farm  configured in vWorkspace management console, or am I missing that setting somewhere?

Regards, Robert

34 Posts

December 10th, 2012 10:00

Hello David,

That exactly is a resolution to witch I came about in morning when

discussing with my friend. That way RD session will be started thru

vWorkspace connection broker and will be aware of user disconnected session

on any RDS host.

Just let me test and I will post a results.

Regards, Robert

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:30 AM, David Young <

228 Posts

December 10th, 2012 11:00

That's good to hear, glad it is now working for you

David

34 Posts

December 10th, 2012 11:00

Hello David,

I can confirm, that resolution to my problem was publih a desktop as managed application. In this config load balancing is working as expected.

Regards,

Robert

No Events found!