Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 31st, 2016 10:00

WSM Streaming Applications

1. When will device-based, instead of user-based, streaming applications be available? I do not care who logs onto the client, I have a set of applications I want available to the device.

2. In all versions of WSM you were only able to stream applications, based on user account. We use generic, auto-logon, user accounts. Sometimes as many as 100 clients will be logged on, with the same user account. In past versions, this was not an issue, it did not matter if the same user account was utilizing the same streaming application. At some point, you broke this and now streaming applications are worthless to us. Bring back the functionality you took away, or add device-based streaming applications. 

August 2nd, 2016 15:00

Hello, 

Prior versions of WSM used application streaming whereas the newer versions use application layering which is completely different.  In previous versions, you could use a generic user account and have an application streamed to it on multiple devices, but with the newer application layering, this is not possible as the application is more closely tied to the user account.

If you have additional WSM questions please create a new post on the Wyse WSM forum located here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/wyse_software/f/4963

No Events found!