Dell India Privacy StatementYour privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement explains how Dell International Services India Pvt. Ltd. (“Dell”, “we” or “our”) and our affiliated companies (unless they have published their own privacy statement), collects, processes, uses, protects, and shares your personal information as well as your privacy rights under certain privacy laws.
Overview of Our Privacy Practice
Information We Collect About You
We collect your personal information directly from you through your interactions, use, and experiences with our website, products, and services. We also obtain your information indirectly from our Business Partners and third-party sources. For more information about the types and sources of information we collect about you refer to: Information We Collect About You.
How We Use And Share Your Information
We use your personal information to provide you with our products and services, improve our products and services, tailor your customer experience with Dell, personalize our products and services and make recommendations to you, advertise and market to you, and to comply with applicable laws. We also use your information to improve the safety and security of our website, products, and services, which includes detecting, preventing investigating, and responding to risks in these areas that could harm you or Dell.
For more information refer to How We Use and Share Your Information.
Your Data Principal Rights
You can exercise your data principal rights in relation to your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting our DSR web portal if you have a registered Dell My Account. For more information about your privacy rights, please refer to Your Data Principal Rights.
Dell International Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Your Marketing Choices
“Business Partner” means any contractor, supplier, service provider, debit, or credit card processor with whom we have a business relationship to provide you with our offers, products, services, process your payment, better predict and deliver content, and market offers that may interest you.
Changes To This Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement when necessary to provide greater transparency or in response to:
• Feedback from our customers, regulators, industry, or other stakeholders.
• Changes in our privacy practices, products, or services.
• Changes in applicable privacy laws.
If there are material changes to the Privacy Statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of the privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to learn how Dell is protecting your information.
Information We Collect About YouThe types of information we collect about you depends on your use of our products, services, and the ways that you interact with us. This may include information about:
- How you use or visit our websites, accounts with Dell, or applications.
- How you use our services and products and interact with us.
- Contact, billing, and other information you provide.
- Improve and develop our products and services.
- Personalize our products and services and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the information we have collected about you.
- Communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you give permission to access your information on such third-party services or networks.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded products or services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources, such as open government databases.
- Contact details such as your name, email address, mailing address, contact telephone numbers.
- Employment information such as your job title and other business or company information.
- Credentials such as your passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and MyAccount access.
- Demographic information such as your age, gender, country, interests, and preferences.
- Web form information you provide in our web forms (forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether the information requested is mandatory or voluntary).
- Payment information to process payments, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- Account history information related to the products or services you purchase, and the activities associated with your account.
- Cookie and tracking information such as IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL), other unique identifiers, and other technical data that may uniquely identify your device, system or browser.
- Browse history information about the websites you visit.
- Error reports and performance information of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports.
- Troubleshooting and help information when you contact Dell to make a purchase or for technical support or customer support services, phone conversations, or chat sessions with our representatives which may be monitored and recorded.
- Content consumption information about media content (e.g. T.V., apps, and games) you access through our products.
- Feedback and rating information, you provide to us such as customer survey feedback and product reviews you write.
- COVID-19 health and vaccination status and thermal temperature readings (as permitted by applicable law or in compliance with applicable public health directives).
- Workspace location information.
How We Use And Share Your InformationWe use and share your information to:
- Deliver and maintain our products and services.
- Establish and maintain your account.
- Measure credit and payment risk.
- Provide account related services and information.
- Help you with customer service and technical support issues or questions.
- Help us improve and personalize our products and services.
- Provide you with marketing and promotional communications, and deliver targeted and relevant advertising and relevant offers to you, which includes better predicting content and marketing offers that may interest you.
- Authenticate you.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Manage and protect our networks, services, and customers.
- Meet our legal obligations and doing research.
- Promote the overall health and safety of the workplace, including to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections at Dell premises.
- Book desk reservations at Dell's premises.
COVID-19 Health and Vaccine Survey Tools, Thermal Vision Camera and COVID Self-ReportingIn order to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections and keep our communities safe, all Dell employees, contingent workers, and visitors may be asked to complete a COVID-19 health and vaccine survey, attest to their COVID-19 vaccine immunization status and/or COVID-19 negative test results, and/or pass a thermal body temperature screening in order to gain access to Dell premises. The thermal vision camera measures your body temperature on an anonymous basis and Dell does not retain your body temperature. If your body temperature is equal to or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be denied entry and/or asked to leave Dell premises.
The COVID-19 health and vaccine survey collects your name, email address, Dell badge number, work location, COVID-19 vaccination status and limited health data you voluntarily provide. The COVID Self-Report voluntary reporting tool collects your name, email address, Dell badge number, work location, phone number and limited health data you voluntarily provide. Subject to local laws, we will collect proof of your COVID-19:
(a) Vaccine immunization status certificate issued by the local government authority, including digital certificates issued by the local government authority (e.g., COVID-19 digital certificate), or
(b) Negative COVID-19 screening test result including:
- your first and last name
- specimen collection and negative test result dates
- the entity issuing the COVID-19 negative test result
Your Data Principal RightsYou may have the following data principal rights under applicable Indian data privacy laws:
- Right to Access: you have the right to access your data to confirm whether we process your personal information, how we process your personal information and to obtain a copy of that personal information.
- Right to Correction: you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate or misleading personal information, completing the incomplete personal information, or updating the out-of-date personal information about you.
- Right to Deletion: you have the right to request deletion of your personal information that we collected about you.
- Right to Portability: you have the right to receive your personal information, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent to process your Personal Information that you have provided to us.
Submitting A Data Principal RequestIf you want to exercise your data principal rights or have any questions about the type of personal information that we may hold about you contact us by:
- Sending a written request to email@example.com;
- Writing to us at the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement or in its Overview; or
- Visiting our DSR web portal if you have a registered Dell MyAccount
Your Marketing ChoicesWe may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. We will obtain your consent to opt in email marketing. You have choices about how we reach you with marketing offers and about other uses of your information. To update your preferences, you can:
- Click “unsubscribe” in any email marketing communications we send you.
- Go to your MyAccount or visit our Preference Management Center to select your marketing communication choices.
- Go to our List Removal Page to be removed from receiving marketing-related communications.
Overseas TransfersWe may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within Dell and our affiliated companies, and/or to our Business Partners as permitted by law if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of India. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which Dell or its affiliates or Business Partners maintain facilities. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient do not breach applicable Indian Privacy Laws in relation to the information or obtain your consent to such cross-border data transfer, or if any exceptions applies under applicable laws and regulations. We have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our affiliates and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
How We Secure Your InformationWe use appropriate technical, organizational, and physical data security safeguards to help protect against loss or unauthorized access to, use, modification or disclosure of information we collect, use, or store. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details.
- Design our data security safeguards to ensure the ongoing security, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services.
- Limiting physical access to our premises.
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you.
- Ensuring that our Business Partners have appropriate technical and organizational security measures to keep your personal information protected.
- As required by law, destroying or de-identifying personal information.
Collection And Use Of Children's InformationWe understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our products, services, and our websites. Children under the age of 13 or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, must not share their personal information unless their parent or guardian provided verifiable consent. If at any time a parent or guardian needs to access or delete data associated with their child’s or guardian’s account, they may contact us through one of the options provided in this Privacy Statement.
Links To Third-Party Websites And ServicesWe may sometimes provide links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect personal information about you and direct you to those websites. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to our website are covered by the third party's' own privacy statements and we encourage you to read those.
Contact UsIf you would like to exercise Your data Privacy Rights as described in this Privacy Statement, have a privacy question, concern or complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Attention: Legal Department
Divyashree Greens, Ground Floor,
Sys Nos.12/1, 12/2A and 13/1A, Challaghatta Village,
Varthur Hobli, Bangalore, 560071
Effective Date: 20th January 2021.