Built for versatility.
Deliver balanced performance and midrange scalability with a powerful 2S/2U rack server.
Accelerate performance across a wide range of workloadsDesigned for data centers needing an affordable, virtualization-ready, 2-socket rack server, the R530 is an excellent platform for a wide range of common business applications, including:
- Mail and messaging
- File and print
- Workgroup collaboration
- Web serving
- Video streaming
The R530 is also highly attractive as a dedicated development or backup server.
Deliver peak performanceAccelerate results across a wide range of workloads with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per processor.
Boost memory and I/O performance with:
- 12 DIMM slots and DDR4 memory, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Five PCIe slots, including three PCIe Gen3 slots that drive twice the data throughput compared to PCIe Gen2
Adapt to changing workload conditions with an expandable platform ready for virtualization and high-availability clustering. The R530 easily accommodates data growth with support for up to eight 3.5" hard drives and a range of RAID options for data protection and optimized performance. In addition, Dell’s innovative Failsafe Hypervisor provides hypervisor redundancy, giving the R530 additional resiliency compared to single-point-of-failure implementations.
Maximize operational efficiencySave time and reduce potential for error with simplified, intuitive systems management.
- Speed time to production and drive better ROI by automating deployment, management and updating with the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 8 (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller.
- Control data center availability more effectively by monitoring and managing the health and availability of Dell PowerEdge servers anytime, anywhere through OpenManage Mobile and a handheld device.
- Harness your energy budget with energy-efficient processors, memory and power supplies. Fresh Air 2.0 configurations allow you to operate confidently at extended temperatures without the need for chilled air.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family
Processor sockets: 2
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- DDR4 DIMMs at up to 2133MT/s; 12 DIMM slots: 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008, with Hyper-V®
VMware vSphere ESXi
- Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS,SSD drives
- 2u rack:
- ECC memory
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant power
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
Support for HA clustering
Internal Dual SD Module (Failsafe Hypervisor)
- 495W AC, 750W AC, 1100W AC, hot-plug PSU; 1100W -48V DC hot-plug PSU; 450W AC cabled PSU
- Intel C610 series chipset
- SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD
- Support for up to 5 x PCIe slots, half-length, low-profile): 3 x PCIe 3.0; 2 x PCIe 2.0
- 4 x 1 GbE LOMs
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
iDRAC8 Express (default)
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8GB vFlash media (upgrade)
16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft® System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager
IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
- Optional add-in NICs, HBAs
- Video Type :Integrated Matrox G200 with iDRAC8
Video Memory: 16 MB shared with iDRAC8 application memory