This article explains the step by step procedure of configuring SNMP on Dell EMC Networking X series switches.
1. Login to Dell X series switch using web browser.
2. Navigate to Network Administration and select SNMP Monitoring.
3. In SNMP monitoring, navigate to Global Parameters and then click Edit.
4. Click gear icon. For Local Engine ID Type, select Default and choose Enabled for all items then confirm > OK.
6. Click Add on edit global parameters, for Supported IP Format, select IPv4. For IP Address, enter the IP address of the SNMP server. For Local Engine ID, paste the Engine ID from your clipboard. Confirm > OK.
9. Select Basic for the Access Mode. Select Read-Only and set the View Name as Default. Confirm > OK.
Note- We can choose the SNMP community string to be public or private. If you use a community string other than public or private, add it to the SNMP server.
10. Save the running configuration to startup configuration.
Article ID: HOW12619Last Date Modified: 09/14/2019 01:12 AM