What is Dell Encryption (formerly Dell Data Protection | Encryption)? This guide will give a brief description on the functions and features of Dell Encryption software.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption
What is Dell Encryption?
Dell Encryption is a number of applications that allow you to:
- Detect data security risks on desktops, laptops, and external media.
- Protect data on these devices by enforcing access control policies, authentication, and encryption of sensitive data.
- Manage data centrally with policies using collaborative tools that integrate into existing user directories.
- Support key and data recovery, automatic updates, and tracking for protected devices.
Dell Encryption - Spec sheet
Dell Encryption Features
- Full-System Data Protection Solution. (Hardware, Software & Services)
- Multi-OS supported. (XP, Vista, and Windows 7)
- Local or Remote Management Solution
- Focus on ease of use and performance
This Solution includes hardware and software for Client endpoints that tie into an encryption management server and associated services.
- Hardware: GPE (General Purpose Encryption) card and firmware, that has the encryption engine.
- Client software and Middleware: Running on each client system (Desktops/notebooks) enforcing encryption policies.
- Management console (software): Running on server to remotely administer and enforce policies.
Software-based Data-Centric Encryption:
It allows you to easily encrypt data, whether it resides on the system drive or external media. Dell Encryption Personal (formerly Dell Data Protection | Personal Edition) provides FIPS-level protection and enables:
- Easier compliance management: Features one touch-compliance policy templates and quick system recovery.
- Support for existing processes for authentication, patching and more.
- System disk and port encryption in a single solution.
- Encryption of all data, except files essential to booting the operating system.
- Encryption based on user profiles and data sensitivity.
To contact support, reference Dell Data Security International Support Phone Numbers.
Go to TechDirect to generate a technical support request online.
For additional insights and resources, join the Dell Security Community Forum.