Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

December 23rd, 2019 05:00

Alpha R1, BIOS update failed

I went to update my bios for my alienware alpha r1. And it said error needs to restart in the middle of the bios update. Now when I go to start it up it flashes yellow real fast then the alien head leads up blue but no display on my tv but i hear the fans running. Like its hanging or something. Please help 

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 23rd, 2019 10:00

You now have a bricked unit with bios update failure.

If you can find a USB2 flash drive you might be able to use USB WIRED keyboard and do bios recovery.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln300716/bios-recovery-options-on-a-dell-pc-or-tablet?lang=en

How do I initiate BIOS Recovery on a Dell desktop or all-in-one PC?

1. Restart the computer.

2. Press and hold the CTRL key + ESC key on the keyboard until the BIOS Recovery page appears.

3. On the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press the Enter key. Select Disabled and press the Enter key if you wish to save the current BIOS settings.

4. Select Recover BIOS and press the Enter key to start the recovery process.

To create an external USB key to perform BIOS recovery, you will need the following:

• A working PC
  • An empty USB 2.0 key

25 Posts

December 25th, 2019 05:00

I'm facing similar issue while updating the BIOS, I'll try these steps.

1 Message

March 6th, 2020 07:00

I have the exact same issue, it was working perfectly, updated everything then the DELL website booted the BIOS update as part of the updates. It gave the blue screen and that was that. 

Did you get anywhere with it? 

1 Message

June 5th, 2020 12:00

I would like to perform this procedure to try to fix an issue where I don't get any screen output during every system and boot screens. I only have an image output at and after the login screen. The problem is that I can not see anything during this procedure. How can I know what is supposed to appear in each screen so I can perform it blindly?

No Events found!