Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

4 Posts

March 8th, 2020 03:00

AW2518H, Bleeding, Clouding

Is this black light bleeding normal for this AW2518H? That blue neon is obviously while playing horror games and sometimes even in Windows if I am using applications with dark theme. I am pretty sure this is not normal and I want to know if I am correct?

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

March 11th, 2020 08:00

fails in 2 PCs,

fails not connnected to a PC using only the monitors, OSD menu button

tell that and get better answers..

is the brightness set too high?

March 13th, 2020 09:00

It looks same even if i tried with another pc.Also osd is in full working condition and brightness is lower than 40. G sync work without problems.What can it possible be? i mean this monitor doesn t have any other issue.Is this bleed normal?

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

March 13th, 2020 15:00

I think this is an issue that other people have experienced, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it normal by any means.  That bleed is pretty pronounced.  If you read the amazon reviews, the two people who mentioned bleeding said they ended up returning their monitor.  I have a Dell 144hz gsync monitor, different model, and do not experience anything like what you have pictured.  

March 14th, 2020 02:00

I contacted Dell Support and they said that this bleed is normal and in their range. I can t return it anymore so i guess i will fix this by myself . i will disassembly and seal the bezel using electrical tape. i don t care if i will void warranty i just cannot live with that . If u have any advice just let me know probably they will be useful

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

March 14th, 2020 05:00

wow normal,   gee that stinks

for sure in dark room

buy VIEWSONIC , and be more happy..  mine does not bleed, using them for decades..

March 14th, 2020 06:00

You know what is fun? I made second photo with lights on also in almost any game i can notice that blue neon light and its so noticeable and obvious. Dell said this is normal so i want to fix it by myself by sealing lcd with electrical tape. Do you have any tips for me?

No Events found!