Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2021 10:00

AW2521HFL, no sound

I know this monitor does not have built in speakers, so that is not my issue. I had an external speaker plugged into the port on the bottom of the unit, not in the back under the cover. I had been using it this way from the start and it has always worked, yet today, I am getting now audio. I've tried moving it to the back speaker port and no audio from there either. The speaker still works because I plugged it into my phone and audio came out, so it seems that this is a problem with just the monitor. It was working just fine a few days ago, so I have no idea why it wouldn't be working now. I don't really use forums, so I'm not sure what information is helpful. As I said, I have an AW2521HFL, neither audio out port is working, but worked fine a few days ago. 

4 Posts

February 25th, 2021 17:00

So I just called tech support and we got through it. It was an error with the audio driver. Didn't think to check that, but oh well. Back to normal.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

February 25th, 2021 14:00

Try changing your Speaker playback device to the monitor on the bottom right corner of your screen, the speaker icon. Single left mouse click to open it up, the drop down menu is on top. 

4 Posts

February 25th, 2021 15:00

Yeah, sorry, that's what I thought, too. That's what I have it set to. It says AW2521HFL (High Definition Audio Device). 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

February 25th, 2021 15:00

Try checking your same cables are still connected, including the USB upstream cable connecting the monitor to the PC. Also, if you haven't ready, try restarting. 

4 Posts

February 25th, 2021 16:00

Everything is hooked up as it should be. I even just turned off and unplugged everything and rehooked it back up. Still no sound. And it does work if I plug it into the audio out of my tower, just not the monitor (which I know makes this seem a bit redundant but I don't want faulty equipment).

Appreciate the help, though. Hopefully we can figure this out. 

No Events found!