Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 20th, 2020 06:00

AW3821DW, sRGB mode? #2

Is there a possibility that an sRGB mode could be added via update sooner or later? I think many people also use this monitor to work, so it would be very convenient to have it, to avoid oversaturated colors.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

December 20th, 2020 08:00

I suspect the answer would be highly unlikely if not already in there as adding it might need to clear/redo their G-Sync ultimate certification.

However see Nvidia's newest game ready (not in studio yet) driver release notes, this was addressed by Nvidia. 

Nvidia just added a custom setting to the Nvidia control panel similar to amd to address over saturation issues:

"New Features and Other Changes

NVIDIA Control Panel

Added Color Accuracy Mode feature (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page)"

Link to full release notes:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.79/460.79-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

2 Posts

December 21st, 2020 13:00

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to fix the color saturation through the user and the Nvidia panel. The monitor is great, and it's a shame that it doesn't have an sRGB mode for those who also use it for work.

1 Message

February 15th, 2021 11:00

Did anyone manage to resolve the colour space issue via the nVidia drivers.

By default it's already set to "Accurate" and setting it to "Reference" or "Enhanced has no effect.

My monitor is fully calibrated with DisplayCal and a Spyder 5, the colours are great in managed apps.

Games don't really bother me, or you can use HDR (which seems to work surprisingly well in the games I've tried)

However, spreadsheet work can be eyewatering if red fill is used etc.

As other users have said, the best option would be for DELL to implement an sRGB emulation mode via a firmware update (but I have a feeling this will never happen)

Jon.

No Events found!