Start a Conversation

Unsolved

CS

2 Posts

December 9th, 2018 14:00

Alienware Aurora R6 no signal on startup

Hi,

When I start up my Aurora R6 I get no signal. I've tested both my HDMI cable and monitor with other devices, and they both work. The PC turns on, but does not send any signal. Does anyone know any solutions to this problem.

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 9th, 2018 16:00

The following link may help. Have you tried a reset? Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Now reconnect everything and try again. In the following link try the steps suggested by Vintage 1983.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-General-Read-Only/Alienware-Aurora-boots-up-but-no-display-monitor-receives-no/td-p/5641160

December 9th, 2018 18:00

I have tried that. There is new info though, I tried turning it on again a little later, the monitor came on and I had visual. But even though it all started up correctly this time there was still problems. Like the mouse would freeze occasionally and the lights on the keyboard were flickering. I tried to use this time to check if the drivers needed updating, but while I tried this my monitor lost connection to my computer again. Now I'm back where I started.

December 9th, 2018 23:00

Sounds like a GPU Failure, or some hardware failure.. Try to get to run diagnostics.

No Events found!