Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

March 14th, 2018 15:00

Alienware Aurora R7 Audio Sync Problems

I got my Aurora a month ago and after 2 weeks the Audio slips out of sync with any videos i play,, netflix, private streams, blu ray, etc, and i tried a new bios (came out today) installing new Nvida graphics card drivers, and real tek drivers and the problems persists..... any solutions would be gladly accepted :)

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 14th, 2018 21:00

Where are your speakers connected?

What happens if you disable the Intel video card device?

10 Posts

March 15th, 2018 12:00

they are connected to the green plug. and i just disabled the intel graphics, will that cause a problem elsewhere? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 15th, 2018 18:00

@Vashywrote:

1. they are connected to the green plug.

2. and i just disabled the intel graphics,

3. will that cause a problem elsewhere? 

1. OK, Good

2. Good work

3. I would not think so. It should then just use Nvidia card for everything (which is appropriate for a desktop computer anyway).

After you have tested this work-around for a while, let me know if it helped.

Note: I posted this once before, but that message vanished.

10 Posts

March 16th, 2018 10:00

strange i posted a reply that disappeared as well, it didn't work, turning off the intel graphics i mean. :(

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 16th, 2018 11:00

@Vashywrote:

strange i posted a reply that disappeared as well, it didn't work, turning off the intel graphics i mean. :(

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Well, you are the second one to report audio trouble on the Aurora-R7, so I guess one of these people are looking into it. Maybe they will post here?

@Alienware-Eimy
@Alienware - Rodrigo

10 Posts

March 19th, 2018 08:00

I hope so, because this is such a **bleep** system, but this issue is driving me crazy.

10 Posts

March 19th, 2018 12:00

I use Chrome exclusively and it happens on there too, it also happens on my blu rays on the blu ray drive. so i dont think it's a browser issue but a system wide issue for me at least.

13 Posts

March 19th, 2018 12:00

I just purchased an R7 a couple weeks ago and noticed the same thing.  I was watching a movie on Vudu.com and the audio continued to go out of sync.  It seemed to get worse and worse over time.

Closing the browser and re-opening did nothing.  Eventually I used another browser (Chrome I think) and the audio problems went away.  I don't know if it would have gone out of sync over time like it did while using Internet Explorer, but just passing it along.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 26th, 2018 09:00

Audio out of sync is related to NON OEM audio codec drivers. Issues like this go back to windows 98 and earlier. Sometimes instead of delay its too fast and becomes chipmunks.

Generic Drivers are replacing Analog Devices, Realtek, etc sound codec drivers rather than the specific OEM driver for sound. In your case its the Realtek driver.  You should uninstall the driver, reboot, then reinstall the driver and reboot.

DescriptionDownload
Realtek Audio Driver
This package provides the driver for the Realtek Audio and is supported on Alienware/XPS running the following Windows operating systems: Windows 10 64-bit.More details

10 Posts

April 26th, 2018 09:00

Does anyone from Dell ever read these things? my audio sync problems are persisting, which is ridiculous on a $3000 system. 

10 Posts

April 26th, 2018 10:00

didn't work :(

10 Posts

April 26th, 2018 10:00

I will give it a shot, thanks, also if i added a better soundcard do you think that would also fix the problem? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 26th, 2018 15:00

A while back, I bumped the thread with their names (the Alienware Reps) ... that usually works.

Do you have a USB Headset (they all have their own built-in "sound-card" and their own drivers) to try?

It seems to me, that would aid in trouble-shooting.

10 Posts

April 26th, 2018 20:00

i do have a pretty decent headset, but honestly i only use it to play games with other people, otherwise i dont use it because it makes my head sweaty and hurt. thats is more of a workaround than fix, i would really like to be able to fix the problem.... i cant believe this is such an issue, and if it is, more people aren't complaining about it, or there hasn't been some sort of update or fix to take care of it..

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 26th, 2018 22:00

@Vashywrote:

i do have a pretty decent headset, 

When you use the USB-Headset is there audio lag? Is the problem avoided?

No Events found!