Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

12 Posts

May 9th, 2018 15:00

Alienware Command Center not reading thermals after re-format

Hello again.  I performed a re-format of my Alienware Aurora R3 this week (it really needed it.  It hadn't been cone in 7 years).

Everything went fine (except for the NIC drivers.  The ones on the resource CD didn't work).  When it came to installing the Alienware Command Center however, the thermal controls are showing all my Ambient Sensors as 0 degrees, PCI, Hard Drive, System and CPU fans at 0 RPM, and the CPU Pump (for the water cooling) as "Failed".

Now I know they are functioning. I can visually see the fans moving, and my CPU would have melted after the 4 hours of The Division I put in earlier today, so the water cooling is definitely working.  

Am I missing something here?

Oh, and other aspects of the Alienware Command Center aren't working either, like AlienFX.

12 Posts

May 9th, 2018 15:00

I've also just installed the latest .net framework.

12 Posts

May 9th, 2018 18:00

I'm currently running Windows 7 (what came with my R3) 64 bit (6.1 build 7610)

My version of AW-CC is 2.6.0.15    When checking for updates, none are found.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Probably should have disconnected the MIO-Board's cable from USB-Header on motherboard during Windows clean-install.

Also, all required 64bit drivers should have come from Windows-10 (and Windows Update). The only thing you need from Dell is AW-CC.

Which brings up another point ... what version of AW-CC did you use?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

@JRG599wrote:

1. I'm currently running Windows 7 (what came with my R3) 64 bit (6.1 build 7610)

2. My version of AW-CC is 2.6.0.15    When checking for updates, none are found.

1. Oh, sorry to hear that.

2. That version is very old. Try 2.8.9.0

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/alienware-aurora-r3.html

Never update from within AW-CC. Always uninstall old and clean-install new.

12 Posts

May 15th, 2018 19:00

Strangely enough, it began working.  I had not done anything else prior.  

No Events found!