Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

August 17th, 2018 22:00

Aurora R4, Command Center not working

I recently Acquired a aurora r4 when i got it i had no hard drive so i put one in and loaded up a copy of windows 10 for some reason i cant get the command center app to work i tried installing the drives and everything but it doesnt show temps and i cant use alienfx when i click it it says Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyone have any ideas i would like to be able to turn the lights on and control them  

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 18th, 2018 09:00

@KPM180 wrote:

Aurora-R4

1. when i got it i had no hard drive so i put one in and loaded up a copy of Windows-10.

2. i cant get the command center app to work i tried installing the drives and everything but it doesnt show temps and i cant use alienfx when i click it it says Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

3. Anyone have any ideas i would like to be able to turn the lights on and control them  

1. Must be 64bit version

2. See this for how it works.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-General/Command-Center-2-7-25-0-Will-not-display-Temp-Readings/td-p/5532170

3. Alienware Command Center (last version Dell-validated for your old machine and also this new OS) must be properly installed and working first. Looks like maybe it's v3.6.5.0.

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/alienware-aurora-r4.html

16 Posts

August 18th, 2018 13:00

My mio board is not showing up in the espa What should i do next?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 19th, 2018 10:00

@KPM180 wrote:

My mio board is not showing up in the espa What should i do next?

I guess you are referring to this quote:

It has recently come to my attention that Dell might not have re-written Dell Diagnostics (the "DOS/Linux" bootable one mentioned above that runs outside of Windows) to run on the Aurora-R4. It might only work on Aurora-R1, Aurora-R2, and Area51-R1 (not sure about Aurora-R3). This makes trouble-shooting MIO-Board problems on an Aurora-R4 much harder than on the older set of machines.

ePSA is a different testing-program. Mostly fine for Aurora-R5/R6/R7 since MIO-Boards on those are now mostly virtualized. IIRC, Aurora-R4 got caught with a real MIO-Board, but without Dell 32bit Hardware-Diagnostics. 

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

August 19th, 2018 12:00

what to do next? make sure MIO board has (4pin Molex) power, make sure the USB cable is connected at both ends to MIO & a motherboard USB 2.0 header

See this post / MIO board died / page 1:

Or Alienware Aurora R4 ALX MIO Board Issue:

Last resort / related to Aurora --> A51 CmndCntr Issues

When in doubt, find your MIO board part#, goto eBay, buy another one, put it in / plug it all up, see if it works

The only help I can provide are these old posts, and the advice to make sure MIO has power + double-ended USB cable installed:

• if MIO has power (amber led light is on)
  • if USB cable hooked up at both ends
  • if AlienFx then says 'no instance of an object'
  • then use the above trouble-shooting posts above
  • when in doubt, replace MIO w/a new one

A working MIO that's properly connected --> on power up, the external LED lights light up / ALX vents open ... from there, install CmndCntr to gain control of all features

Tesla will have to take over from here, so good luck, and do what the old posts suggest

16 Posts

i think i might have the alx version but im not sure the place to put the batteries in is not there it has place for batteries but no battery holder and also it is missing something called a flex bay 

16 Posts

yes that is my problem the diagnose thing doesn't work i get an error so what should i do next?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 19th, 2018 13:00

@KPM180 wrote:

yes that is my problem the diagnose thing doesn't work i get an error so what should i do next?

I don't know what program "Diagnose thing" is, and if you are getting an error ... you will have to describe it or upload camera-pic.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 19th, 2018 13:00

@KPM180 wrote:

1. i think i might have the alx version but im not sure the place to put the batteries in is not there it has place for batteries but no battery holder and

2 also it is missing something called a flex bay 

1. You're in luck ... there is a recent thread about it:

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-R4-LED-Batteries-connector-Where-to-plug/m-p/6130122#M4806

2. Flex-Bay is just where the optional 11-in-1 Memory Card reader goes (if you even have one ... not required).

16 Posts

August 19th, 2018 14:00

i am going to replace the mio board what is the model number for the none alx aurora r4 mio board?

2 Intern

• 

1.8K Posts

August 19th, 2018 16:00

Alienware Desktops MIO (Master Input/Output) Troubleshooting and Policy

P0GVP = Aurora-R1, Aurora-R2
2JXP2 = Aurora-R1 ALX, Aurora-R4 ALX
V51MH = Aurora-R3, Aurora-R4

Your exact part# is on a white tag @ left of board, below is V51MH. Troubleshoot yours 1st (power + usb + see if Win10 loads drivers for it), if no joy then find your part # & run it through eBay, buy the same model from trusted seller

16 Posts

August 19th, 2018 18:00

thanks

No Events found!