BP

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

April 23rd, 2020 07:00

Area-51 R4, AWCC, OC option

Update: 24-Apr-2020
Area-51 R4 i9-7900X @ 3.30GHz

Trying to get Alienware Command Centre Over Clocking option installed/working, looking here https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-uk/sln128904/alienware-command-center-quick-guide?lang=en
 it should work... 

I uninstalled everything "Command Centre* and rebooted so I had a clean start! 

I installed AWCC Application 5.1.27.0, A00 from here https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Desktop-AWCC-downloads/m-p/6022684.  The program started fine but the OC control menu option is missing...

Any ideas or clues to what I am missing please?  Thanks, Peter

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

April 23rd, 2020 16:00

I may be wrong here, but from I heard from other users the OC control of AWCC only works if you have a -k cpu.  do you have a -k cpu or -x?

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2020 16:00

@Basher-Peter wrote:

Any ideas or clues to what I am missing please?  Thanks, Peter

Alien FX is for setting the RGB on a supported keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc.  Do you have any connected supported Alienware peripherals that you are trying to sync with your desktop? 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

April 24th, 2020 07:00

The OC control program is a separate add on program.  It doesn't show in AWCC unless you install it, after installing AWCC.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Or searching for "Alienware OC Controls Application" under drivers and support for the A51R4

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

Yes I should have mentioned that, I'm running a Intel Core i9-7900X @ 3.30GHz, thanks Peter 

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

Thanks for pointing this out, I came to the conclusion I had posted bad info above:-( I will update it now!  I show a picture Control Centre when what I am trying to do is get the OC control menu to appear in my Command Centre - any ideas why this is missing?  Thanks again, Peter

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

April 24th, 2020 17:00

Had a busy and frustrating couple of days with Command Centre and OC installs! Started with the different versions here https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Desktop-AWCC-downloads/m-p/6022684. Each time I uninstalled the previously installed AWCC/OC versions, rebooted, then installed the next AWCC version followed by the OC install, results below.

Versions 4.8.23 AWCC & 5.0.1 AWCC (first Win 10 edition) installed fine with the classic Alienware “skin” see below. However, after running the OC install the OC option did not appear…

Dell AWCC Old school.JPG

AWCC 5.1.24 followed by OC install changed the view to what I call a “Windows Store” look and feel see below. When starting it did show an “overclocking” button at the bottom (can't seen in the image), but it was greyed out with the donut of death over it, when I tried to select any menu item the program crashed!

Dell AWCC greyed out options.JPG

AWCC 5.1.27, 5.2.0, 5.2.1, 5.2.17, 5.2.20, 5.2.24 (1/22/19), 5.2.24 (1/29/19), 5.2.29, 5.2.37, 5.2.52, 5.2.63 all installed followed by the OC install with the “Windows Store” look and feel. However, none of them even attempted to show an OC button – not happy!

I'm back with 5.0.1 as that at least allows me to record performance while investigating.

Main question – any ideas on how to get the OC option appearing (software does show as installed in the Programs and Features list)?

Follow-on question as I have not seen it, does anyone have AWCC successfully running with what I call the “Windows Store” look and feel?

Thanks, Peter

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

April 24th, 2020 17:00

Thanks for the hint on the OC additional install I had been wondering about that - see next post.  Peter

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

May 8th, 2020 01:00

Just to give this a nudge:-) does anyone with an Area-51 R4 have Alienware Command Centre working with the Over Clocking option showing?  Or, are people just using the BIOS Level 1 & Level 2 options?  If others have it working I probably raise a case with Dell to see what can be done, if I'm the only one given the age of my machine I probably give up!  Thanks in advance, Peter

31 Posts

November 16th, 2021 09:00

Just going through the same pain - I'm guessing you didn't find a fix?

No Events found!