Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

HP

April 20th, 2018 16:00

Area-51 Threadripper Edition Liquid Colling

Hello there,

I'm sorry if this has been asked or it is stated somewhere but I just purchased the Alienware Area-51 Threadripper Edition with the Dual Liquid Cooled NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics cards.I did a search on these forums and the net looking for answers.

I have been into PC gaming exclusively since the early 90s and this is the first Alienware and Liquid Cooling system for me.A kid at work,stated that liquid cooling systems sometimes require maintenance but only on some of the systems,but the only answers I found was that the processor liquid cooling system on the Alienware was a closed system and the only maintenance needed was every now and again to blow the dust out of the radiator.

I did not find an answer to see if  as stated on the website,,," first ever dual-liquid cooled NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics"  had the same type of liquid cooling system as the processor or if it was a different type of system that requires a maintenance regiment.

I just received my new system yesterday and are still in the process of setting it up and getting ready for future gaming so I haven't had a chance to look inside yet.I was planning on opening it up soon and see if I could get any info in there on mfg names and try searching by that.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 20th, 2018 21:00

@Homer Pylewrote:

I just purchased the Alienware Area-51 Threadripper Edition with the Dual Liquid Cooled NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics cards.

1. the only answers I found was that the processor liquid cooling system on the Alienware was a closed system and the only maintenance needed was every now and again to blow the dust out of the radiator.

1. This is correct. This includes the "sealed system" (Asetek made) liquid cooler on the main processor, as well as the ones on the video cards.

FYI, your machine is the first Alienware model to ship with liquid-coolers on the video card themselves. AFAIK, only the Area51-R5 and R6 so far.

No Events found!