Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 17th, 2022 05:00

Aurora R10, audio issue, mouse busy signal

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition​ R10

Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition​ R10

I've got two new issues:

1. Three or four weeks ago, sound playing is being disturbed. There was an audio update with Alienware Update App.
What's the issue: Video and Audio are not synced when playing longer videos, sound hums or crackles shortly, this happens every 10 to 30 seconds.

What I did already: Uninstalled "Realtek(R) Audio" in Device-Manager -> Restarted computer -> Windows automatically Reinstalled Realtek audio drivers, same issue appears. Wrote support.

2. Latest Update by Alienware Update: Computer continuously working on something
What's the issue: Mouse icon continuously has that "thinking circle" besides, every 2-3 seconds that circle shows up and goes always. You know that circle, because it always comes up when computer is really busy with some tasks.
"WMI Provider Host" (WmiPrvSE.exe) is highly ranked with CPU in Task Manager when computer is idle, since this Update, some process with this program seems to not finish.

What I did already: Uninstalled "Dellinstrumentation Device" in Device-Manager, because it's the newest addition for me in Device-Manager and this link says it has something to with WMI Provide. Why does my system need Dellinstrumentation Device? I don't need an additional Computer Management Feature, what is it good for?

210 Posts

August 17th, 2022 09:00

I presume you have ver 5.5.9. GameEye seems to be a new package ( don't know what is the use) but I have also tried to remove that, not to waste cpu cycles, you simply got to the install directory, in my case is, /Program files/Alienware/alienwareFxdisplay001 components and run the uninstall. exe there. The get that back I ran the main install program add packages option. Using the repair option does not re-install it.

AWCC ran with no obvious problems without GameEye.

It maybe a useful option if it causes problems until they find solutions.

82 Posts

September 3rd, 2022 06:00

Actually, the workaround is to set the audio quality back to 16-Bit 44100 Hz CD-Quality.

I had it set to 24-Bit 48000 Hz Studio Quality.

Where there is no problem on other machines, but this Alienware has issues with it. 

There are obviously performane issues. I'll try to reinstall chipset and will let you know if it helped, if not no update here.

82 Posts

August 17th, 2022 06:00

You must have overread that "WMI Provider Host" is suddenly the process with the highest CPU load when computer is idle, it was never the case since Update. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

August 17th, 2022 06:00

Open task manager and look under the CPU tab to see if there's any process using a large amount of CPU resources.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

August 17th, 2022 07:00

How many CPU resources is it using?

Right click on it in task manager, and select go to details.

Than right click again and select analyze wait chain. It should show you what it is waiting on.

WMI Host Provider high CPU usage can be caused by many things as it is used to allow other processes to read information about your system.

82 Posts

August 17th, 2022 08:00

That seems to make the audio problem less current, but not the blue circle disappearing and still interrupted, please read on. 

The audio is not disturbed easily anymore, but still interrupted. When playing a video/mp4/720p and doing a simple file copy job from a different drive (that the video is not playing from) to a network drive, the videos is interrupted shortly, which should not be.

82 Posts

When restarting computer, since today GameEyeApp.exe is causing a delay in restarting, it is being shown as problematic for a restart, you know when the screen gets black and text appears and showing some blocking apps

82 Posts

When computer is idle, WMI Host Provider is using 2% CPU.

Because I use Task Manager often, I can be sure that it was never so high on cpu load. 

There are two WmiPrvSE.exe running, one has PID 3952 and other 5460. 

But some other process can cause this as well, it was just my newest recognition. 

The circle is still showing every two to three seconds.

210 Posts

I have had that annoying blue circle problem on my R10 and that was nahimic service ( related to audio) running in the background. I got rid of that by stopping it and setting it on manual start only. When running the service it shows very little activity in task manager, but you might see 2 more 32&64 services,  they stop when nahimic is stopped.

So that's one possible solution.

210 Posts

August 17th, 2022 10:00

For the sound problems, you could also look for the dell alienware sound center, A-Volute. I had a recent update on that one but did not cause any problems.

For troubleshooting I recommends Microsoft sysinternals tools, process explorer or monitor or you can download the whole suite of tools.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

( if it's on your drive be sure to start it with " Run as administrator")

BTW make sure your windows store apps are up to date

82 Posts

August 18th, 2022 05:00

Your presume was right. 

After uninstalling alienwareFxdisplay001 the circle is gone!

WMI Provider Host is now at 0,5 to 1,0 % CPU load when idling, much lower than 2% with alienwareFxdisplay being installed. 

82 Posts

August 18th, 2022 06:00

Somehow my Alienware R10 computer's got Realtek Audio Console app to set some stuff, nothing that can be set in Windows settings too. No A-Volute present. 

Thanks for your recommendation to Sysinternals i used it before, but couldn't find the problem. 

Thank you for your help, you solved both problems. 

Somehow my Alienware R10 computer's got Realtek Audio Console app to set some stuff, nothing that can be set in Windows settings too. No A-Volute present. 

Thanks for your recommendation to Sysinternals i used it before, but couldn't find the problem. 

Thank you for your help, you solved both problems.

210 Posts

August 18th, 2022 12:00

For the realtek audio console not too many adjustments but you can reset it etc. in the windows apps& feature section. > Realtek audio console section.

My R10 came with the AWCC sound center ( not installed anymore)  that you could possibly also have as an option. It went into AWCC fusion section .If you have an alienware headset with the driver installed, it maybe present and need an update.  That could be another source of problems.

Untitled-02.jpgUntitled-023.jpgUntitled-023.jpg

82 Posts

August 23rd, 2022 05:00

I still have that annoying sound disturbance when playing back. Nahimic serivce is still not running. 

That you have an example about how bad this is is, please listen to this example:

Hear me 

I'd need more help with this.

210 Posts

August 23rd, 2022 17:00

It's difficult to suggest something for this particular problem,  lots of possibilities.

I suggested the nahimic service because it causes the blue circle on my R10.

For my computer the realtek Dell drivers ( support section) are old ... dec 2020, not much help being 2 y.o.

In device manager you have to enable " hidden device" to see what drivers you have.

Possibly a bad codex or something like that. You can try the troubleshooting options in window.

You can try different sampling  etc, resetting the audio console.

You find many complaints on the internet about Realtek  noise problems.

I have update my Realtek audio driver  in sound,video and game controllers section with a more recent one >>  6.0.9301.1  but it's not an official driver for the Dell R10 ....but it runs fine, never had a audio problem so far

No Events found!